So why does Apex Legends keep crashing? There are a couple of issues that we have noticed on the latest updates to the game, but for users, the causes of Apex Legends crashing are many, and we have seen that this might vary from user to user.
For some users, it’s been like a few seconds of freezing during games while for some others, it’s an inability to join an Apex Legends match. If you are using PC for your gaming and the Apex Legends is crashing, you might have to check a lot more things, but you’re given more options than players on consoles, who might have to wait until there is an update.
Let’s examine some of the most common issues users have experienced, and see Apex Legends crash fixes that will work for each of the issues.
Apex Legends Keeps Crashing Fixes
Fix 1 – Update Driver
The first recommendation is to update your drivers; for most gamers, this has been the solution to most of the crashing. The drivers might be outdated, so using the latest driver could be the fix for you. AMD and Nvidia regularly release new drivers and updates for their video cards, and these are often designed to fix issues and optimize issues related to the game.
Fix 2 – Downgrade Driver
If the Apex Legends Keep Crashing after you have done an upgrade, chances are your game isn’t compatible with the new update, or the new update comes with issues, so you might have to roll back the update to continue enjoying the game.
Fix 3- Disable G-Sync and Freesync and others
There is a chance that the reason you are experiencing persistent crashing of the Apex Legends is that your video card comes with sync options that aren’t compatible within Apex Legends. Some users have discovered that disabling this feature for Apex has stopped the freezing and crashing.
Fix 4 – Check OS and Graphics Drivers
If none of these fixes work and your Apex Legends pc crashing continues, you might want to update your operating system and graphics drivers to ensure that they are up-to-date. Another thing to check is that your PC meets the minimum system requirement for playing the Apex Legends game. Any of these could cause the Apex Legends pc crashing issue.
Fix 5 – Troubleshoot
Try right-clicking on the desktop shortcut icon, then run “Troubleshoot Compatibility” before launching the app. If the app is running, ensure it’s closed first or restarted before running this option.
Fix 6 – Check for conflicts
Another reason why the Apex Legends randomly closes could be that there is another program running in the background or installed on your PC that clashes with the Apex Legends. Its recommended that you run a clean boot, which is you practically closing all unnecessary programs on your PC and then launch the PC immediately you restart.
Fix 7 – Limit FPS
A great fix when you’re experiencing the Apex Legends random crash is the FPS. Try to limit FPS via the command line of the game: Gear/settings icon -> Game Properties -> Advanced Launch Options -> Add +fps_max 90 or (any other max) -> Save.
Fix 8 – Uninstall NVIDIA GeForce Experience
The Apex Legends random crash could be caused by the GeForce Experience. So, uninstall it and have it reinstalled. This has helped fix many of the Apex Legends pc crashing issues, and it should work for you.
Fix 9 – Reduce VRAM usage from 8GB to 6GB.
Fix 10 – Reinstall the game to your internal hard drive and remove any external hard drives you’re not using.
Fix 11 – Delete ALL c++ from (from windows delete tool) go to origin -> find Apex Legends -> right-click -> repair.
Other Apex Legends Crash Fixes and Tips
Apex Legends Won’t Launch Fix
If the Apex Legends won’t load on your pc, you can try these fixes, it has been found to solve the issue for almost all users:
- If you have Sophos Home installed, chances are its preventing Apex from launching. So you can uninstall the Sophos Home and try running the Apex Legends anew and see if it works. Apart from Sophos, there might also be a program running in the background that conflicts with the game, so try to perform a clean boot and launch your Apex Legends as administrator.
- Go to your Settings -> Turn off Exploit Mitigation and see if your game works.
Apex Legends Audio Issues
To fix your Apex Legends Audio Issues and Apex Legends sound bug, we have found these to be the fixes that work best:
- Go to Sound >> Speakers >> Settings >> Reset default values (or something like that) this assumes that the problem is caused by a frequency setting that is too high for the headphones.
- Uninstall the game on SSD and reinstall on HDD, this should solve the Apex Legends sound bug.
Apex Legends Loading Screen Fixes
- The first and often main reason why you see the Apex Legends loading screen issue is when the server is clogged and a lot of players are trying to log on, both in the evenings and on weekends. So waiting should solve it.
- Restart Apex Legends game
- Flush your DNS on Windows 10 PC – Hold down the Windows Key + X >> click Command Prompt (Admin) >> Type ipconfig/flushdns à press Enter >> type ipconfig/release and press Enter >> type ipconfig/renew >> press Enter >> type netsh winsock reset >> press Enter >> Restart your PC.
- Unlink Steam Account
- Uninstall, download and reinstall the game.
Apex Legends Mic Not Working Fixes
The Apex Legends mic not working issue has a couple of causes, here are some fixes that have worked for some.
- The mic could be blocked by windows security, so to fix this, click the Start button >> Settings >> Privacy >> Microphone >> Turn it on. (it could be turned off for all programs).
- Unset and reset your Mic as the default, then do the same in the origin client and restart your PC.
- Open Sound Settings in Windows 10 >> Troubleshoot underneath input à Uninstall Origin client >> Restart PC >> Install Origin Client.
Apex Crashing Mid Game Fixes
Here are some of our best working Apex Crashing Mid Game fixes.
- Limit your FPS. This should generally solve the problem.
- Update to the Latest Drivers, these come with a GPU fix, which would also work.
- Downclock the core speed and memory speed of your GPU by -200+, this should fix the crashing for your Apex Legends. If your other games work fine, there isn’t any need to downclock GPU for them.
- Try turning down the Texture Streaming Budget. Some have found that this solution works.
How to Add Friends on Apex Legends Origin Launcher
- Open the Game >> Select the Friends icon in the bottom right of the screen
- Select a friend from those in the list >> Add steam friends
- Select the friends >> either invite to a party or join a party
Why does Apex Legends keep crashing? So here are some of our top reasons, our best fixes to some of the most common Apex Legends issues. Feel free to share your thoughts in the comments.
How readers found this page
apex legends keeps crashing, apex legends crashing pc, apex legends crash to desktop, apex legends patch notes Reddit, apex legends keeps crashing pc, apex legends crash fix, why does apex legends keep crashing, apex legends pc crashing, apex legends not launching, apex legends single-player, apex legends audio issues, apex legends won’t load, apex legends crashing to desktop, how to add friends on apex legends, apex legends sound bug, apex legends loading screen, apex keeps crashing pc, is apex legends dead, apex legends crashing no error, apex legends GeForce now, apex legends random crash, apex legends mic not working, apex legends randomly close, apex crashing mid-game
John follows everything happening in the tech industry, from the latest gadget launches to some of the big-name moves in the industry. He covers opinionated pieces and writes on some of the biggest names in the industry. John is also a freelance writer, so he shares articles on freelancing every now and then. email: [email protected]