Generally, computers feature lots of applications that enhance their performance in one way or another. Some of these applications are well known by computer owners; meanwhile, some are barely known.
One of these applications is the Waves MaxxAudio service application. If you don’t know the Waves MaxxAudio service application, this article will help you understand many things about the application.
What is Waves MaxxAudio Service Application? Is It Safe?
Waves MaxxAudio service application is audio software that enhances the audio performance of a computer system. It is a software package that comes preinstalled on computer systems that use Waves Audio drivers.
Manufacturers use the Waves MaxxAudio service application to offer better audio entertainment than the typical desktop.
Unfortunately, even though the Waves MaxxAudio service application is preinstalled software, it is not entirely safe. This software tends to impose performance hits on some systems at startup.
One of the problems the Waves MaxxAudio service application can cause on your laptop is that it can slow down your operations. Another thing to take note of is that it can flood you with a lot of error notifications.
There are also some instances where Trojan malware can attempt to cloak their identity by appearing with a “WavesSvc64.exe” name, and since WavesSvc64.exe is the label name used to identify Waves Maxxaudio documents, you may think such files aren’t malware.
The issues that may cause the Waves MaxxAudio service application to stop working are often related to the Realtek driver. However, some may also be a result of incompatibility issues.
Regardless, below are some simple fixes you can try using to resolve the issue:
If there is some app incompatibility with your PC’s Realtek audio driver, the Waves MaxxAudio service application may stop working. In such cases, you will need to update your PC’s Realtek audio device driver with a Driver updater software.
One driver updater software you can use is DriverFix. Here’s how to use DriverFix to update your PC’s Realtek audio device:
- STEP 1: Download and Install DriverFix.
- STEP 2: Open the application.
- STEP 3: Allow the DriverFix app to check if you have faulty drivers. If you have faulty drivers, the app will show them to you.
- STEP 4: Select the ones you’d like to fix.
- STEP 5: When you select the drivers you want to fix, DriverFix will download and install the newest drivers in their place.
- STEP 6: Restart your PC for the changes to take effect.
You can fix the Waves MaxxAudio application issue by deselecting the Enable auto popup dialogue. Follow the steps below to do so:
- STEP 1: Open the File Explorer window by pressing “Windows + E” simultaneously.
- STEP 2: Inside the File Explorer window, find the folder with a location path “C:\Program Files\Realtek\Audio\HDA“
- STEP 3: Click the “RtkNGUI64.exe” file to open the “Audio Manager app“
- STEP 4: Click on the “Advanced” tab.
- STEP 5: Select “Jack Information” to open a list of options.
- STEP 6: Uncheck the checkbox beside the option that says “Enable auto popup dialog when device has been plugged in“
Rolling back or performing System Restore can also help fix the issue. You can perform System Restore by following the steps below:
- STEP 1: Press “Windows + R” simultaneously to open the “RUN dialogue box“
- STEP 2: Enter “rstrui” inside the RUN prompt and then click on “OK.”
- STEP 3: Select the “Choose a different restore point” option if there’s one.
- STEP 4: Click “Next” to open the restore point list.
- STEP 5: Select the checkbox beside the “Show more restore points” option to see the list of the available restore points.
- STEP 6: Choose a restore point that will roll Windows 10 back to a date when your Waves MaxxAudio worked without issues.Select the oldest restore point available if you’re unsure about the date.
- STEP 7: Click on “Next” and then click on “Finish.”
Another solution you can try is to reset your Waves MaxxAudio app. Here is how to reset the Waves MaxxAudio app:
- STEP 1: Open the “Settings” window.
- STEP 2: Click on “Apps.”
- STEP 3: Select the Waves MaxxAudio app.
- STEP 4: Open the “Application settings” by clicking on “Advanced options.”
- STEP 5: Select the “Reset” button.
- STEP 6: Click on “Reset” again to confirm your decision.
If you notice that the Waves MaxxAudio application is causing high CPU output on your PC, you can reinstall Realtek drivers with Microsoft origin drivers.
To do that, go to the Realtek website, find the proper drivers for your system version, and download them.
After downloading the correct drivers for your system, double-click on the file you just downloaded. Then, follow the on-screen instructions to install the driver.
Once you’ve completed the process, you won’t notice high CPU output anymore. However, the sound production on your system may begin to sound flat and bass-less.
If you notice this happening to your PC, you can fix it by following the guide below:
- STEP 1: Go to “Settings” on your PC.
- STEP 2: Click on “System.”
- STEP 3: Click on the “Sound” option on the left panel.
- STEP 4: Click on “Manage sound devices.”
- STEP 5: Under “Output devices,” tap on “Speakers.”
- STEP 6: Click on the option to disable Realtek high-definition audio
Follow this guide to check the GPU usage of WavesSvc64.exe:
Open the “Task Manager” window and look for the “WavesSvc64.exe” process in the name column. Then, trace that row to the GPU usage column to check how it is using the GPU.
Here are some guides on how to remove or uninstall WavesSvc64.exe:
- You should first consider if the file is a part of a software program. If it is, then it will also have an uninstall program.
Simply run the Uninstaller that is in the program file directory.
The directory will be something like this:
“C:Program Files>Waves Audio>Maxx Audio Installer >Waves MaxxAudio Service Application> WavesSvc64.exe_uninstall.exe.”
- To uninstall a WavesSvc64.exe program file you installed using the Windows Installer, you will need:
- STEP 1: Go to “System Settings” and open the “Add or Remove Programs Option.”
- STEP 2: Search for WavesSvc64.exe in the search bar or search for the software name “Maxx Audio Installer.”
- STEP 3: Click on the program file and select the “Uninstall Program” option to remove the WavesSvc64.exe file from your computer.
Read also: What Is Driver Support One?
Follow the steps below to disable Waves MaxxAudio From Windows 10 Startup:
- STEP 1: Open your PC’s “Task Manager” by pressing Ctrl+Alt+Delete.
- STEP 2: If you don’t see tabs like “Processes,” “Performance,” etc., press “More details.”
- STEP 3: Click on the “Startup” tab.
- STEP 4: Right-click on “Waves MaxxAudio Service Application” and select “Disable.” If you don’t see the “Waves MaxxAudio Service Application,” you don’t have the program on your computer.
You can close the window and ignore the rest of the steps below.
- STEP 5: If you can see the program and you’ve disabled it, select the “Services” tab on top and select “Open Services” at the bottom of the window.
- STEP 6: In the Services window, go to “WavesSysSvc.” Right-click on it and select “Properties.”
- STEP 7: A new window will pop up. In that window, change the startup type to “Manual.” Then, select “Apply,” then click on “OK.”
- STEP 8: Press the Windows button + X together to open the Device Manager.
- STEP 9: Click the arrow next to “Sound, video, and game controllers” to open up more selections.
- STEP 10: Ensure you don’t have a USB microphone or soundcard plugged in. Under “Sound, video, and game controllers,” right-click on Andrea PureAudio USB-SA and select “Uninstall device.”
- STEP 11: Click the box in the popup window that reads “Delete the driver software for this device,” then select “Uninstall.”
- STEP 12: Restart your PC, open your browser, and check if the audio is still functional.
Yes, you do. The Waves MaxxAudio service application can help improve the sound production on your computer.
However, if, for some reason, you don’t want the Waves MaxxAudio on your computer, you can disable it.
We hope we have provided you with all the information you need to understand the Waves Maxxaudio Service Application.
If you are having issues with the Waves Maxxaudio Application, you can also refer to some of the things we discussed in this article.
- How to Update GPU Drivers on Windows 10
- Geforce Experience Unable To Download Recommended Driver
- Best Windows 10 Bluetooth Driver Free Download 2022
- What is RivaTuner Statistics Server?
I am Ola, a tech writer with a passion for breaking down complex technical concepts into easy-to-understand language. With over five years of experience in the tech industry, I have a wealth of knowledge on a variety of topics, from software development to cybersecurity. My writing style is clear, concise and engaging, making it easy for readers to grasp even the most complex technical concepts. Learn more about tekpip and the team here on our about us page.