Sometimes, after a PC OS update, you may realize some of your PC’s features aren’t working, like its brightness, WIFI, or Bluetooth features, because the software drivers aren’t available. So, you would need to either get the necessary drivers from manufacturer websites using third-party software like Driver Support One.
Driver Support One is great for finding exact matching drivers to the model of your PC hardware, increasing optimization, and reducing the risk of crashes, blue screen errors, and other Windows OS issues.
What is Driver Support One on my computer?
Driver Support keeps your computer in top performance by automatically updating its drivers, diagnosing computer issues, and optimizing them. It improves your PC’s performance by enhancing its hardware functions and also provides backup options for your hard drives.
Drivers are usually free and can be downloaded from the device manufacturer’s website. So Driver Support isn’t necessary unless you need it for optimization and diagnosing issues.
Can you trust the Driver Support One?
Driver Support is legitimate software for updating your drivers and optimizing your system. However, on operating systems such as Windows 10, there isn’t much need for third-party software to update your drivers because your OS will automatically do that for you.
The pros of using Driver Support are that it has a database of over 26 million drivers, so you can always count on it to deliver an up-to-date driver for your pc. It has an easily navigable UI, making scans from the home screen possible. It can scan, backup, and restore hard drives, and it doesn’t download bloatware, malware, or adware. It also has s very responsive customer support.
The pros come with a few cons, such as how it doesn’t show the driver source and requires you to manually download and install the drivers yourself instead of doing them automatically. In addition, some reports have shown that it exaggerates some PC issues, showing false errors on your PC.
Is Driver Support with Active Optimization safe?
Driver Support with Active Optimisation is safe to use. Active Optimisation is a feature that performs quick tests on your computer in minutes and immediately maximizes the performance of your PC’s OS, hardware, and internet.
Driver Support with Active Optimisation is the subscribed version of Driver Support that unlocks all of the application’s features, including regular OS optimization. You can opt-out of Active Optimisation anytime you want.
Is Driver Support a Microsoft product?
Microsoft does not own Driver Support One. Moreover, the Windows OS comes with an updater, so it doesn’t need any third-party updating software.
How to cancel Driver Support subscription
To cancel your subscription from Driver Support, go to their website www.driversupport.com and go to the Your Account page under Customer login. Then, log in to your account and follow the instructions on canceling their service.
How to uninstall Driver Support One from your computer
If you’re using a Windows 10 & 11 OS:
Press the Windows key and type ‘Add or remove programs’ in the search bar. A system setting will show up in the results. Click it, and a list of programs installed on your PC will appear. Next, in the search bar, search for Driver Support. Once found, click on it, and the Uninstall option will show. You can then uninstall it.
On a Windows 8.1 OS or lower:
Press the Windows key and go to Control Panel. Once in Control Panel, go to Programs and open it. Under Programs and Features, click on Uninstall a program in the menu. Next, a menu with a list of programs would appear. Scroll through to look for Driver Support. When you find it, click on it or right-click, and an ‘uninstall’ option will appear on top. Click it to uninstall.
On a Mac:
You can search for Diver Support using Finder. First, search for Driver Support One in Finder, click and hold to drag it to the Trash. Next, open Finder and click Empty Trash.
How to remove Driver Detective from my computer
If you’re using a Windows 10 OS:
Press the Windows key and type ‘Add or remove programs’ in the search bar. A system setting will show up in the results. Click it, and a list of programs installed on your pc will appear. In the search bar, search for Driver Detective. Once found, click on it, and then uninstall option will show. You can then uninstall it.
On a Windows 8.1 OS or lower:
Press the Windows key and go to Control Panel. Once in Control Panel, go to Programs and open it. Under Programs and Features, click on Uninstall a program in the menu that you see. Next, a menu with a list of programs would appear. Scroll through to look for Driver Detective. When you find it, click on it or right-click, and an ‘uninstall’ option will appear on top. Click it to uninstall.
On a Mac:
You can search for Diver Detective using Finder. Search for Driver Support One in Finder, then click and hold to drag it to the Trash. Open Finder and click Empty Trash.
How to get rid of driver packages
To uninstall old driver packages from your pc, do the following:
- Press the Windows key to open the search box. In the search box, type ‘Disk Cleanup’ and select it.
- In Disk Cleanup, select the drive you want to clean. Select your computer’s primary drive first (drive C) and click OK if you have multiple drives.
- Next, click on Clean up system files.
- A menu with checkboxes will show up. Uncheck all the boxes except Device drive packages and click Ok.
- The old devices drivers will now be uninstalled.
Five safer Driver Support One alternatives for Windows 10 and 11
There are other third-party alternatives to Driver Support that are just as authentic. Some of these come with monthly subscriptions for their services and free trial options. Here are some recommendations:
- Outbyte Driver Updater:
This driver installs the most stable version of drivers and auto-scans your pc. The downside is that it is pretty expensive.
- AVG Driver Updater:
Checks over 127,000 drivers, including those from major brands like NVidia, HP, etc. It can also backup your existing drivers. However, it is relatively more expensive than its market competitors, and it isn’t available for Mac OS or Windows platforms.
- System Mechanic Ultimate Defence:
It is easy to download and comes with excellent tech support. On the downside, it costs about $200 per year for 24/7 support.
DriverFix performs tasks quickly and effectively, comes with multiple languages for interaction, and doesn’t heavily strain your PC’s resources. But like AVG Driver updater, it isn’t available on macOS, and old drivers have to be removed manually.
- Driver Easy:
Driver Easy can update all your drivers with just one mouse click, with an extensive database of 8,000,000 certified drivers. It also supports up to 14 languages for easy interactions. However, you have to be on the Driver Easy Pro version to access all of its features. The download speed for the Free version is pretty low, about 40-80KB, whereas, for the Pro, it’s about 500KB to 20MB.
Read also: How to Update GPU Drivers on Windows 10
Best adware removers for Windows 10
Your Windows Defender does an excellent job defending your pc against malware and other viruses. However, if you want a third-party antivirus, you should try these software:
- Malwarebytes: Although its free version is more limited than its Premium version, it still allows you to run scans manually. It cleans up your computer if it has already been infected with a virus. It protects your documents and financial data from ransomware.
- Norton: Norton antivirus software gets rid of viruses without raising false alarms. It also backs up your data, saves it in the cloud, and allows you to manage your devices through an online portal.
- McAfee: McAfee protects more than just one device, so you can use the same plan on your computer, phone, tablet, etc. It also lets you fix protection issues remotely.
- Panda: Panda protects your computer against virus infection from USB drives and creates encryption for your private files. It also acts as a firewall, protecting you when you connect to public WiFi networks.
- Kaspersky: Kaspersky reverses the damage done by virus infections and also comes with a VPN package. It also cleans and optimizes your computer.
How to know if your drivers are up to date
- Press the Windows key and type ‘Device Manager’ in the search bar. Then, click on it to open it.
- The menu lists the categories of device drivers installed on your pc. Open any category and right-click on any device you want to update.
- A list would pop up—select Update Driver. Then, click on Search automatically to update the driver.
- Next, click on Update Driver.
- If Windows can’t find the driver for you, you can also go to the manufacturer’s website to find a new driver. Or you could use third-party software to search.
- Geforce Experience Unable To Download Recommended Driver
- Best Windows 10 Bluetooth Driver Free Download 2022
- What does the MSI game boost do?
- Nvidia GeForce Experience Not Working error code 0x0003 – Best Fixes
John follows everything happening in the tech industry, from the latest gadget launches to some of the big-name moves in the industry. He covers opinionated pieces and writes on some of the biggest names in the industry. John is also a freelance writer, so he shares articles on freelancing every now and then. email: firstname.lastname@example.org Learn more about tekpip and the team here on our about us page.