Looking for a great gift for a friend or family member? Did you receive a Steam card and you’re wondering what it does? Or are you just curious about what a Steam card is?
Either way, we will be answering the question, ‘What is a Steam card?’ and giving some more helpful information about Steam cards that most people are curious about.
Feel free to ask some more questions in the comments or let us know how this article helped you.
What Is A Steam Card?
A Steam Card is a gift card that can be used for online services on Steam. There are two types of Steam cards – digital and physical. A physical Steam card can be activated on Steam by using the code on the card to add the value of a Steam card to your digital Steam wallet. A digital Steam card will be activated once the receiver accepts the gift. The Steam card value will then be added to the receiver’s digital Steam wallet balance.
A physical Steam card comes in $20, $30, $50, and $100 denominations, while a digital Steam card comes in $5, $10, $25, $50, and $100 denominations. The money gotten from a Steam card can be used to buy in-game items, games, downloadable content, software, hardware, etc. You can buy a physical Steam card in stores where gift cards are sold and a digital Steam card can be bought online on Steam.
If you are trying to add some money to your digital Steam wallet, you don’t always need to buy a digital Steam card as you can simply do it directly instead.
A Steam card is a cool gift – mostly for gamers.
Can Steam Card Be Used for Internet Connection?
No, a Steam card cannot be used to pay for an internet connection. It can only be used for Steam credit to buy services and items on Steam, like in-game items, games, downloadable content, software, hardware, etc. It cannot be used anywhere else. No network provider would charge your Steam wallet card.
You can exchange a Steam card with someone to get access to an internet connection or connect to the nearest Wi-Fi network to get an internet connection. If you are asked to pay anyone with a Steam wallet card, then you are probably being scammed.
Read also: Is Kinguin Legit and Trustworthy?
Can Steam Cards Be Used for Phone Calls?
No, a Steam card cannot be used to pay for phone calls. It can only be used for Steam credit to buy services and items on Steam, like in-game items, games, downloadable content, software, hardware, etc. It cannot be used anywhere else. No network provider would charge your Steam wallet card for calls. You can exchange a Steam card with friends or family to get access to a prepaid card. If you are asked to pay anyone with a Steam wallet card, then you are probably being scammed.
Do You Need A Steam Card for PayPal?
No, you do not need a Steam card for PayPal. PayPal will not ask you to purchase a Steam card to receive payment in your account. If someone is asking you to purchase a Steam card to receive payment in your PayPal, then it is probably a scam. PayPal will also not ask you to pay a third party with a third party payment processor.
The only thing that connects a Steam card and PayPal is that you can use PayPal to pay for services and items on Steam by adding PayPal as a payment method.
Read also: Steam Download Keeps Pausing? Working Fixes
How to Buy Steam Cards?
You can buy Steam cards from most retail stores – either online or in-person. Simply check for stores that sell gift cards and pick the denomination you want.
You can buy a digital Steam card directly on Steam using the steps below:
- Go to the Steam website and log into your account
- Click on ‘Store’ and then select ‘Now available on Steam’ under ‘Gift Cards’ on the left side of the screen
- Here, you will see the option to send a gift card through Steam, redeem a physical Steam card, or find a physical Steam card in your area
- To buy a digital Steam card, click on the option, then select your desired gift card amount and select the friend you would like to send the card to
- Make sure the person you are sending the card to is on your friend list
- Steam will then give you the option to send a note along with the card before asking you for a payment method
- You will then have to agree to the Steam subscriber agreement, you will also be given a final chance to change or cancel your order
- Once confirmed, you will receive an email from Steam to confirm a successful transaction and the recipient will receive the card
How to Use A Steam Gift Card?
You can use a Steam gift card to buy games, software, hardware, downloadable content, or anything you can buy on Steam. You can also gift it to someone else or exchange it for another option. To buy stuff on Steam using a Steam gift card, you need to first redeem or activate it using these steps:
- Go to the Steam website and log into your account
- Select your account name in the top right corner and click on ‘Account Details’ from the dropdown
- Under ‘Store & Purchase History’, click on ‘Add Funds to your Steam wallet’
- Select ‘Redeem a Steam wallet code’ on the right side of the screen
- Type in the Steam card code in the space provided, then type in your address
- After this is done, you will see a success message pop up on your screen
If you’re looking for the perfect gift for a gamer, a Steam card should be the top item on your list. The more money on the card, the more useful it is to the receiver, so if you’re looking to spoil a certain gamer, you should consider this.
- How to Connect PS5 & PS4 To Hotel WIFI
- PS4 Keeps Disconnecting from WIFI? Working Fixes
- Can You See Who Redeemed an Amazon Gift Card?
- Where to Buy Amazon Gift Card
- How Does Tracfone Work?
- How to Message on Ashley Madison Without Paying