It can be very frustrating to have a friend who uploads things you don’t like seeing on their Facebook. In situations like this, you may contemplate unfriending them.
However, unfriending the person may affect your offline relationship with them because they would know. Fortunately, this is where the unfollow feature comes in handy.
This article will teach you what happens when you unfollow someone on Facebook.
Unfollowing someone is a one-way thing. When you unfollow someone on Facebook, you will no longer continue to see their posts on your news feed.
On the other hand, your friend will still be able to see your posts on their news feed, and they will be able to see your comments. You will also still be able to see their posts, and you can drop comments.
However, you will have to visit their profile before seeing their posts.
Remember that when you unfollow somebody, it doesn’t mean you’ve unfriended them. Instead, it’s as though you have blocked the person’s profile from appearing on your feed.
In addition, if you unfollow someone on Facebook, they won’t be able to tell because they won’t receive a notification. However, you should note when you follow someone again after previously unfollowing them, they receive a notification that you are following them.
As for large groups or pages, they won’t receive a notification.
To round off, here is a list of the things that happen when you unfollow someone on Facebook:
- They will still be your friend.
- You will no longer see their posts on your feed.
- They won’t get a notification that you’ve unfollowed them.
- They will still be able to see your posts.
In this section, I will provide the steps to unfollow someone on Facebook web and mobile app.
When you want to unfollow someone on Facebook, you can do it through your feed or the person’s profile.
To unfollow someone through your newsfeed:
- STEP 1: Open Facebook on your computer.
- STEP 2: Go to the “Home” page if you aren’t there already.
- STEP 3: Scroll to a post that belongs to the person you want to unfollow.
- STEP 4: Click on the three dots at the top right side of the post.
- STEP 5: When you click on the three-dot, you will see a menu of options. Click on the option that reads “Unfollow(your friend’s name).”
If you want to unfollow the person through their profile:
- STEP 1: Go to the person’s profile.
- STEP 2: Click the “Following” button next to the person’s name at the top of their profile page.
- STEP 3: Click on “Unfollow” when a menu opens up
If you want to unfollow your Facebook friend on the mobile app directly from your Home feed:
- STEP 1: Open your Facebook app and go to the homepage.
- STEP 2: Scroll to a post that belongs to the person you want to unfollow.
- STEP 3: Click on the unfollow option in the menu that opens up.
If you want to unfollow the person directly through their profile:
- STEP 1: Open the profile of the friend you want to unfollow
- STEP 2: Click on the three dots beside the message icon.
- STEP 3: Click “Following” and select “Unfollow.”
Read also: Why Do People Use WhatsApp Obsessively?
Unfollowing is very useful for limiting how much you stay in touch with certain people on your Facebook. It could also come in handy when you want to stay away from some things that have a distracting effect on your social media life. When you unfollow people on Facebook, it helps you concentrate on posts and people you value more.
I am Ola, a tech writer with a passion for breaking down complex technical concepts into easy-to-understand language. With over five years of experience in the tech industry, I have a wealth of knowledge on a variety of topics, from software development to cybersecurity. My writing style is clear, concise and engaging, making it easy for readers to grasp even the most complex technical concepts. Learn more about tekpip and the team here on our about us page.