In a not-so-recent time, Apple released a flagship Bluetooth earphone model that poses a less serious issue when it comes to ear size compatibility.
The AirPods Pro unlike its older counterparts consider ear size.
So if you’re worried about using AirPods Pro with small ears, I’m here to tell you that with AirPods Pro, it is not one size fits all.
If you just got the AirPods Pro or you’re about to, this post will offer usable tips on how to effectively use AirPods Pro with small ears.
Tips For Using Airpods Pro With Small Ears When Airpods Are Too Big
When you have small ears, earphones with rubber tips might seem like a reach. Apple AirPods Pro has given a solution to that problem by offering three varying sizes of silicone tips for small, medium, and large ear sizes.
Here are some tips for using AirPods Pro with small ears:
Tip 1: Choose whichever size of silicone tips is compatible with the size of your ear
You can as well go ahead to choose a different size for each ear. The goal is to be comfortable. By doing this, the AirPods wouldn’t feel too big for your ears and you can enjoy its optimum experience.
Some AirPods Pro users who experience this problem due to their small ear canal size have claimed to prefer using the biggest silicone tip as it fits well in their ear canals and they don’t have to push deep. They claim that it locks in what you’re listening to and locks out noise effectively. As they say, not one size fits all. The best way to know your suite is through an ear tip fit test.
Tip 2: Conduct an ear tip fit test
AirPods Pro comes with three sizes of silicone tips for your choosing. Choosing the right one for you offers you the liberty of enjoying the great sound quality and noise cancellation.
After making your choice on the best-sized silicone tips for your ear canal, you should simultaneously conduct an ear tip fit test.
How to go about it:
- Put your AirPods Pro in your ears.
- Go to Settings, then tap on Bluetooth.
- Locate your AirPods.
- Tap the ‘i’ at the right side of your AirPods.
- Tap the Ear Tip Fit Test.
- Press the ‘Play’ button at the bottom of your screen.
- Check the ear tip fit test results. A compatible tip will have its results shown in green while a less compatible one will be shown in yellow.
- Press ‘Done’ when you finish this process.
Do AirPods Pro fit well in small ears?
Yes, AirPods Pro fit well in small ears. With small ears, you’re better served to indulge in a pair of AirPods Pro than the non-pro counterparts.
This is because AirPods Pro comes with 3 pairs of varying sizes of silicone tips for optimal comfort. You can tailor your usage to whichever pair suits the size of your ear canal just right.
For further assurance on ear size compatibility, you should conduct an Ear Tip Fit Test.
If in case none of the three silicone tips are compatible with the size of your ear canal, you should get a third-party silicone tip.
Do AirPods fit well in small ears?
The AirPods Pro goes pretty well with small ears due to the addition of 3 varying sizes of silicone tips. This way, someone with a small ear can efficiently choose which of the tips work well for them, alleviating pain and discomfort.
Unlike the AirPods Pro, the first and second-generation AirPods, AirPods 1 and AirPods 2 are less compatible with small ears. The shape is uniform regardless of ear canal size. This uniformity may not be very appealing to people with small ear canals as the AirPods will cause pain and ultimately keep falling out of their ears.
Does AirPods Pro fit all ears?
If by all you mean a wide range, then yes. AirPods Pro, unlike Apple’s entry-level AirPods fit a wider range of ear sizes. This is solace-giving because to a large extent, you’re rest assured that you wouldn’t have ear fitting problems.
The reason AirPods Pro has this added advantage is because of the three different sized pairs of silicone tips that come with it. The silicone tips give you a choice. Whether you’re small, medium, or large-eared, AirPods Pro has fitting or somewhat fitting silicone tips for you.
Read also: Right Or Left Earbud Not Working? What to Do
Why don’t my AirPods Pro stay in my ears?
- Although, with AirPods Pro Apple sought to tackle the problem of size and falling out by adding the silicone tips to the equation. The problem is that the solution somehow reincarnated the problem and for regular AirPods Pro users, this is very unnerving.
- The silicone tips on Apple AirPods Pro rebirths the issue of them falling out of ears, but this time because silicone tips are slippery. So with a little bit of ear wax secretion, sweat, or body oils on the silicone tips, they’d drop from your ears. This is sincerely bad news for athletes and people who use their AirPods when engaging in rigorous physical activities.
- Another reason why AirPods Pro falls out of your ear is getting hit. This is an obvious reason. When force is exerted too close to your AirPods Pro, down they go.
- Even times when you’re taking off your clothes and you forgot to take off the AirPods first, this is also plausible.
- Your AirPods Pro will fall out if they are not worn correctly. Wearing them shabbily increases the chances of them falling. Instead rotate and gently push your AirPods Pro in so they can be firm.
- The less your AirPods Pro silicone tips fit your ear canal, the higher the chances of them falling. You can prevent this by choosing the right silicone tips for your ear.
- How to Delete Expired Subscriptions on iPhone,iTunes & Apple TV
- Can You Wear AirPods in The Shower?
- Dropped AirPods in Water? – What to Do
- Airpods Disappeared from Find My iPhone – Here’s Wha
- Airpods Connecting While In Case – Best Fixes
John follows everything happening in the tech industry, from the latest gadget launches to some of the big-name moves in the industry. He covers opinionated pieces and writes on some of the biggest names in the industry. John is also a freelance writer, so he shares articles on freelancing every now and then. email: email@example.com