As the biggest and most popular AI-powered Free-to-use VoIP (Voice over Internet Protocol or the technology that converts your voice into a digital signal) server available online, Discord allows users to get the best chat experience through the use of ‘bots’ (or robots) commands.
Rythm on the other hand is a dedicated music bot that can access and play songs from popular music streaming platforms like YouTube, Apple Music, and so on. With Rythm Discord bots, you can listen, change, and search for any song on your mind with ease from your Discord server.
Rythm Discord bot also supports music playback, import and export of playlists, and can put all your favorite songs on a queue for your listening pleasure whenever you’re ready. All these features are aimed at one thing: to make your life easier by automating boring or repetitive commands so you don’t have to do them every time, yet keeping your experience optimal. They are often free to use but can be upgraded (paid) for additional features.
How to Add Rythm Discord Bot to Discord Server
If you already have an account on the Discord server, follow these simple steps to add, set up, and get Rythm Discord Bot within few minutes.
- Visit the Rythm bot website rythm.fm on any browser. As long as your internet connection is good, you shouldn’t have any issues with this.
- Click on ‘Invite the bot’.
- If you don’t already have an account, you’ll register using your email address. Alternatively, you may scan the QR code to complete the registration
- Log in to your Discord account and click on the ‘select a server’ button.
- Confirm that you have the ‘manage server’ permission (check your server settings to grant this permission). You’ll need to do this to complete the authorization
- After clicking ‘select a server’ on the authorization page, select ‘Music Lover’ from the drop-down list.
- After selecting your desired server, click on ‘Continue’ on the bottom right corner of the page
- Check all the boxes including the ‘Administrator’ box. Without this, all your other settings will be invalid.
- For the best experience, it is important to assign the ‘Administrator’ permission to Rythm Discord bot on your server. This makes it easier for Rythm Discord bot to play music, play sound, and perform other tasks.
- Next, press the ‘Authorize’ button to complete the process.
- The final step requires you to authorize and verify the setup by completing the Captcha. You will then be greeted with the ‘Thanks for adding Rythm’ message showing that you have successfully added Rythm Discord Bot to your server
These steps can be executed within a few minutes. You can now start streaming and playing music using simple commands. The next thing we’re going to talk about is the Rythm Discord bot commands. Although the list is not exhaustive, priority will be given to the most used commands on the Rythm Discord bot server.
Rythm Discord Bot Commands
- !lay: This command plays any selected song
- !np: This command shows the song that is currently playing
- !disconnect: This command disconnects the Rythm bot from the server
- !skip: Skips the song that is currently playing
- !skipto: Skips to any desired song on the queue
- !move: This command Moves any song of your choice forward or backward in the queue
- !rewind: This command rewinds the song currently playing to any desired point
- !forward: Forwards the song currently playing to any desired point
- !clear: Clears the song on the queue
- !ping: Checks the bot’s response time to Discord
- !aliases: This shows the aliases of each bot command
- !remove: Removes a song from an already created queue
- !search: Searches a music source for a particular entry
- !soundCloud: Searches SoundCloud for a song
- !seek: Helps to find a particular point within a music track
- !stats: Displays the stats of the bot
- !join: Helps the bot respond to your voice commands
- !loop: Helps you loop the song currently playing
- !loopqueue: Helps to loop the entire song on the queue
- !donate: Displays information on how to donate to the Rythm server
- !shard: Displays the shard you are currently on
- !removedupes: Deletes duplicates of songs on the queue
- !info: Contains information about Rythm
- !replay: Replays the song currently playing
- !settings: This command changes Rythm’s settings
- !shuffle: This command shuffles the tracks on the queue
- !invite: This command displays invite links
- !volume: This command adjusts the current volume of the track
- !pause: This command pauses the track currently playing
- !clean: This command deletes messages and commands on the bot
- !lyrics: This command display the lyrics of the track currently playing
- !playskip: This command adds a song to the queue and skips straights to it
- !playtop: This command plays the songs on the queue from the top
- !queue: This command allows a user view the songs on a typical queue. If you have more than one queue, type the command and add the page number in front. (Queue 4 for example)
I know you have been waiting for this! Remember, for any of these commands to work well, you must have installed Rythm on your Discord server.
Rythm Discord Bot Lagging or Not Working? Try These
As great a tool as Rythm Discord is, it doesn’t always work well. Users report issues they regularly face, issues like lagging or the bot not working once in a while. If this happens to you, here are quick fixes that can get your Rythm Discord bot up and running in no time:
- Check if the Bot is not server-muted
- Confirm that the Bot has the necessary permissions
- Check that your Bot is online
- Adjust the audio settings on your device
- Make sure you’ve entered the right command
- Exit the channel and rejoin
Usually, trying one of the options may be enough to get your Rythm Discord bot back on. However, it may be beneficial to apply the steps progressively in some cases.
- Can You Get Someone’s IP from Discord?
- How to Fix Discord Screen Share No Audio
- Discord Screen Share Audio Stutter – Fixing Choppy Audio Issues
- Discord Stream No Sound? Working Fixes
- Best Discord Music Bots