Screen mirroring allows you to wirelessly mirror your device’s screen on a Roku TV. Many Apple devices achieve this process by using Airplay.
However, like every other technology, this feature can stop working for some reason. When something like this happens, you will notice Roku not showing up on screen mirroring on your iPhone.
Fortunately, you can fix this issue yourself. This article will help you find out why Roku may not be showing up on screen mirroring on your iPhone and what you can do to fix the issue.
There are different reasons why Roku may not be showing up on screen mirroring on your iPhone. The problem could result from issues pertaining to your iOS device, your Roku, or your internet connection.
In most cases, screen mirroring problems usually arise from internet-related issues. Regardless, we have highlighted why your screen mirroring may not be working.
- Your Roku or iPhone may need an update.
- You did not place your iPhone within the range of the Roku device.
- Your Roku device may not be compatible with AirPlay.
- Your internet connection speed may be slow.
- You may have connected your iPhone and Roku to different WIFI connections.
- You may have disabled the AirPlay feature on your Roku device.
If you notice that Roku is not showing up on screen mirroring on your iPhone, you can try to fix the issue using these tips:
- Restart your Roku. After you turn it OFF, make sure to leave it for a few seconds before turning it back ON.
- Restart your modem and router – An unstable internet connection may be the source of your screen mirroring issues. An excellent way to fix this issue is by restarting your modem and router.
- Ensure that you follow the correct process of setting up screen mirroring on Roku.
- Make sure that your AirPlay devices are within each other’s discoverable range. You should also ensure that you update both devices to their latest versions.
- Reset your Roku and disable Bluetooth if you have it turned ON. Screen mirroring uses WIFI connection, and since Bluetooth is a wireless technology, it may interfere with the connection.
Here are some reasons why your Roku may not be discoverable:
- Your Roku may need an update.
- It is possible that the screen mirroring options on your Roku receiver has not been set up.
- It could be an internet connection issue.
- There may be issues with the configuration and setup process.
Several factors could be at play when your TV doesn’t pop up on screen mirroring.
One of the possible reasons is that some TVs don’t usually come with their screen mirroring turned ON by default. Hence, you may need to go to Settings to enable their screen mirroring feature.
In addition, you may also experience this issue due to internet connection problems since screen mirroring relies on WiFi.
Connecting a phone and screen mirror to Roku TV tends to differ depending on the smartphone you want to connect.
Nonetheless, Android devices, in general, usually feature a “cast” option in their display menu. Some Android devices may describe this feature as “Smart View”.
After identifying the “Smart View” feature, follow this process.
- STEP 1: Go to “Settings” and tap on “Smart View”
- STEP 2: Select your Roku device from the menu on the Smart View screen. This action will start the connection.
Follow this process if you want to screen mirror from an Android device to Roku TV.
- STEP 1: Check to confirm that your Android and Roku devices are running on their latest updates.
Different smartphones use different terms to identify the screen mirroring process. Depending on the type of Android device, it can be a term called AllShare Cast, display mirroring, HTV Connect, Quick Connect, SmartShare, Smart View, or wireless display.
- STEP 2: Go to your smartphone’s “Settings” menu and enable screen mirroring.
- STEP 3: Open the “Settings” menu on the Roku device.
- STEP 4: Select “System”
- STEP 5: Select “Screen mirroring”
- STEP 6: Check the box beside the option that says “Enable screen mirroring”
- STEP 7: After you have enabled the feature, complete your connection by selecting the Roku TV from the list of devices that appears.
- STEP 8: Start screen mirroring your Android device to the Roku TV.
Follow this process if you want to screen mirror from an iPhone to Roku TV.
- STEP 1: Open the Control Center on your iPhone
- STEP 2: Tap on the screen mirroring tile in your Control Center menu. It is usually in the form of two rectangles placed on each other.
- STEP 3: Select your Roku TV
- STEP 4: Once you select your Roku TV, a code will appear on your TV screen. Enter the code on your iPhone.
- STEP 5: Tap “OK” after you’ve entered the code. Your iPhone will start mirroring its screen.
Getting an AirPlay code on Roku TV is a straightforward process. Just follow the normal process of connecting your iOS device to the Roku TV, and you will get the AirPlay code:
- STEP 1: Open your iPhone’s Control Center
- STEP 2: Tap on the screen mirroring tile
- STEP 3: Select your Roku TV
Once you have connected your iPhone to your Roku TV, an AirPlay passcode will appear on the screen.
Follow this process if you want to screen mirror your iPhone to your TCL TV:
- STEP 1: Connect your iPhone to the same WiFi network you have connected your TCL TV to.
- STEP 2: Go to the Control Center on your iPhone
- STEP 3: Tap on the screen mirroring tile
- STEP 4: Your iPhone will search for AirPlay-enabled wireless displays connected to the same network.
- STEP 5: When your iPhone discovers your TCL TV, tap on it.
- STEP 6: Your TCL TV will display an AirPlay code. Input the code on your iPhone, and you will be able to screen mirror your iPhone to your TCL TV.
The next time you notice your Roku TV not showing up on screen mirroring on iPhone, you can refer to the information in this article. After reading this article, you will be able to identify the possible causes of the problem.
This article also highlights some valuable tips you can try to fix the problem.
- Apple AirPlay Not Working on LG, Vizio, Samsung Tv & Roku? Best Fixes
- How to Hook Up Roku to TV Without HDMI
- Roku Remote Volume Not Working? Best Fixes
- How to turn OFF AirPlay on iPhone and disconnect AppleTV