The Nvidia GeForce Experience error code 0x0003 is one issue we have seen many users continue to deal with. For some, the GeForce Experience not working error started when they did their Windows 10 upgrades.
For some, the program doesn’t open at all, while for others, it might open, but some of the buttons are not functional, and for others, it could be that the drivers didn’t detect any games even when there are games installed.
In this article, I’ll try to share some tips that could help you easily fix the Nvidia GeForce Experience not working issue.
Nvidia GeForce Experience error code 0x0003 – Working Fixes
Some users have mentioned that the home and drivers buttons do nothing, notifications disappear, settings buttons become useless, redeem buttons, log out, and account buttons all stop to work. Here are a few things to try to get this issue fixed:
Fix 1: Re-install the GeForce Experience Software
When corrupt, GeForce Experience may not work until you reinstall the software.
- Start by pressing Windows + R keys to enter the Run menu.
- Go to the Control Panel by typing “control panel” in the search or input box
- Look for NVIDIA GeForce Experience. Right-click on it and click the uninstall option.
- To re-install the software, go to Nvidia.com to redownload the .exe installer file again. Unfortunately, the download link for the software on Nvidia isn’t currently available, but the Beta version of the software is currently available.
- After downloading the .exe file, open it and follow the installation guide
- Go ahead and open the GeForce Experience software and see if it works as it should.
Fix 2: Update Video Card Drivers
- To update the drivers, open Nvidia GeForce Experience, login, or register on the platform using the appropriate forms
- Once logged in, click on the Driver tab at the top.
- Click on “Update driver,” located at the top right, and then on the Search for updates button, which appears in the same position.
- If any available updates are found, click on the corresponding button to download and install them, which should take place automatically.
Fix 3: Change Nvidia Telemetry Container Settings
- Press the “Windows + R” key and type the task execution command MSC.
- Look for NVIDIA Telemetry Container and click Properties
- Click on Connection and click on the tab that says Allow the installation to communicate with the desktop.
- Click on Apply. You can click OK if you want to edit and use the Save tab to save it.
Fix 4: Re-enable the GeForce Experience Service
- Get into the Run dialog box by hitting the Win+R key combination
- Type and send the command services.msc in the Run box
- Click on Nvidia GeForce Experience Service
- Find and click on the Restart button
- Finally, reset your Network Adapter
Read also: Why Does Apex Legends Keep Crashing?
Fix 5: Change to account
Before you attempt any fixes, try this particular fix.
- Press the Windows Key + R
- Type – services.msc – and hit Enter
- Find – Nvidia Telemetry Container – and double-click on it
- If the service is not already running, start it.
- Error 5 Access Denied – or some others could pop up, if any error pops up, change from Tab – General – to Tab – Log On – and see if that works
- In case you see – This Account – change to – Local System Account –
- You can now start the service, you should get a – Restart Computer – notification, if not, and you can restart it manually.
- Nvidia Experience will now ask to start normally, and you will be required to – Agree – with the message. After this, you should have fixed the GeForce experience error code 0x0003 issue.
Fix 6: Force stop
The second Nvidia GeForce Experience error code 0x0003 fix you should try if the one above doesn’t work is this.
- Press – ALT+CTRL+DEL – at the same time.
- Click – Task Manager – If the GeForce Experience is still running, PLEASE STOP IT. The GeForce Experience should NOT be running.
- Click – Services—
- Search – CryptSyc – (Cryptographic Services)
- Right-click and select – Stop –
- Start the GeForce Experience
Fix 7: Check Windows Defender
You should turn off the Windows Defender real-time protection and see if the error disappears. We have found out that the Windows Defender can get idiotic at times and try to stop legitimate use of some of the features or even install legitimate software.
This fixed the error for some of those with the error, so it wouldn’t hurt to give it a trial.
We also discovered that many antivirus software can cause the Error Code 0x0003 on the GeForce Experience. So turn off your antivirus and then try running GeForce. It should work now. If it doesn’t, try running as Administrator.
Fix 8: Revert to an older version of the software
If you have an older version, reverting to it might work. But before you go back to the older version, let’s try to clear the GeForce Experience Error Code 0x0003 by doing a clean install of the latest version of Experience.
We have found that if you uninstall the older version, you’ll get an option to clean install a new one automatically.
After you have uninstalled the older version, download and install the latest driver from Nvidia, after which you can manually download and install Experience. This has fixed the Nvidia GeForce Experience Error Code 0x0003 for many users.
What is the GeForce Experience?
GeForce Experience is a program that helps you conveniently manage Nvidia graphics card drivers, offering various tools and special features for video game fans.
A proprietary program of Nvidia – one of the best-known chips and graphics hardware manufacturers – GeForce Experience is used for managing and updating Nvidia drivers. It also includes features for game recording and streaming.
You can use the software to install game-ready drivers that already contain configurations for specific games. An important feature is the automatic optimization of game graphics options
The tool is only available for 64-bit Windows 7 or earlier operating systems. However, the Windows 10-anniversary update is the most recommended by Nvidia. GeForce Experience is automatically supplied with newer driver versions. Otherwise, it can be downloaded free of charge from Nvidia.
Why is GeForce Experience not working for Twitch stream?
I think this problem has to do with a bug on Twitch’s end and/or a lack of verification at your end. Those who got the “Your broadcast to Twitch failed” with the GeForce Experience report resolved the issue by simply enabling and setting two-factor authentication (2FA). And this is better done on a mobile phone.
Why GeForce Experience hotkeys won’t work?
While there have been a couple of theories, the real cause of this problem is still not known. Restarting the computer is a temporary fix, but the issue returns in a couple of hours. However, a simple fix that works for most users is uninstalling GPU drivers and GeForce Experience. Then, reinstall them both.
GeForce Experience – How to fix Experimental not working
One of the working solutions is to uninstall GeForce Experience and reinstall it. If that doesn’t work for you, try downloading NVIDIA Experience without drivers. Uninstall Nvidia Experience and then re-install its Stand Alone version using the link here. Then you can enable Experimental features. All these take about two minutes.
How to fix GeForce Experience Highlights not working
First, you have to note that GeForce Experience Highlights work on select games, as seen in this list. Meanwhile, it only clips highlights for Fortnite and not for any other games like Apex Legends or Rocket League. So, the only fix is to ensure that GeForce Experience Highlights support the action you’re trying to make.
- Geforce Experience Unable To Download Recommended Driver
- What is SRGB Mode on Monitors?
- How Long Does A Gaming PC Last?
Passionate about technology and communication, I’m more comfortable writing about the key trends in business-to-business software-as-a-service (B2B SaaS). I’m a generalist with interests in journalism, DIY and outdoor. You can always reach me on Twitter and LinkedIn. Learn more about tekpip and the team here on our about us page.