Every Lenovo user has the right to ask, “is Lenovo Vantage necessary” and I’ll tell you why! Although this software is safe, it is being heavily pushed, which can be pretty bothersome at times.
Lenovo has a history of preloading its PCs with spyware, so Lenovo’s proprietary software that serve ads is seen as a red flag by users. Therefore, you have every reason to ask if Lenovo Vantage is necessary.
You might be asking what Lenovo Vantage is and why you should keep the app. This article provides you with all you need to know about Lenovo Vantage and its necessity
What is Lenovo Vantage?
Lenovo Vantage is a Lenovo device-specific application that allows you to update your drivers easily, seek support, perform device diagnostics, etc. On the other hand, this software is designed exclusively for Windows 10 PCs. So, if you’re on Windows 7 or 8, you’ll need to upgrade to Windows 10 to use the Lenovo Vantage software.
Lenovo Vantage Review – All the Features and What We Think
Lenovo Vantage is designed specifically for Lenovo laptops. Some of its features include:
- Hardware diagnostics: It has a Hardware Status feature with which you can monitor the current status of your laptop’s processor, memory, and storage.
- Drivers and BIOS updating: Lenovo Vantage also makes it very simple to update your drivers; click on update, and the job is done. In addition, Lenovo Vantage allows you to keep your system’s BIOS up to date.
- Battery settings: You can use this software to check the overall health of your battery and make adjustments as needed. The Battery Charge Threshold Settings can also help your laptop battery last longer.
- WiFi assistant: Lenovo Vantage is also an excellent way to manage your WiFi, as it provides you with a list of secure networks you can connect to. This software can also identify networks that are unsafe to connect to.
- Lenovo support: You can also use it to verify your warranty status, gain direct support from Lenovo, and get tips for system maintenance.
Is Lenovo Vantage Smart Performance Worth It?
Lenovo Vantage Smart Performance helps you identify performance issues on your laptop and ensures it runs at peak performance by automating PC diagnostics and resolving identified problems without intervention.
The Vantage Smart Performance is located in the Lenovo Vantage app. Here’s a quick way to use this service:
- Launch the Lenovo Vantage app.
- Click on the Support menu.
- Choose Smart Performance from the dropdown menu.
- Then, click on “Free PC Scan” to begin.
Note: To get Lenovo Vantage Smart Performance, you must first download Lenovo Vantage from the Microsoft Store if it is not already installed on your device.
What Is Lenovo Experience Improvement?
The Lenovo Experience Improvement application is an optional tool pre-installed on most Lenovo laptops. The Lenovo Experience Improvement acts as a liaison between Lenovo and consumers, offering feedback to Lenovo on the user’s usage and overall computing experience.
Can I Uninstall Lenovo Vantage?
Yes, you can uninstall Lenovo Vantage, and it won’t hurt your system if you decide to uninstall it. But if you don’t have a similar program that performs the function of Vantage, then you have to perform most of these functions manually to keep your PC in optimal performance.
Is Lenovo Vantage Free?
Lenovo Vantage is available for free at the Microsoft Store and also lets SMBs access features for free. After launching Lenovo Vantage on your PC, select “For Home and Office Use.” This would provide you with free access to all of the software’s features.
Is Lenovo Vantage Safe?
Lenovo Vantage is safe for the everyday running of your PC. This software keeps your laptop up to date by scanning it for obsolete drivers and giving updates through a single user interface. But, unfortunately, I can’t guarantee your privacy is secure with Lenovo computers in general.
For example, it recently admitted preloading its PCs with the Superfish bloatware, which delivered ads that could compromise user security. However, it has now been banned from preloading spyware into its computers, and the company has also vowed to stop loading third-party bloatware on its PCs. But, you can never tell…
Is Lenovo Vantage necessary?
Regardless of its problems, Lenovo Vantage is valuable to the computer, especially if you miss updates, maintenance requirements, or diagnostics activities.
It is needed if you want to access settings or features that aren’t available or easy to access in Windows. Some of these features include; setting airplane mode, battery charge threshold, and USB charging.
Should I Remove Lenovo Quick Optimizer?
If you still find this software on your laptop, you should delete it because it has been withdrawn and serves no purpose. In addition, Lenovo Quick Optimizer is no longer supported by Lenovo. The company discontinued it on July 27, 2016. As a result, it can no longer be downloaded. To uninstall Lenovo Quick Optimizer:
- Navigate to the control panel.
- Select Uninstall a Program
- Click on Add or Remove Program.
- When you locate Lenovo QuickOptimizer, right-click and select uninstall from the popup menu.
Where And How To Download Lenovo Vantage?
You can download Lenovo Vantage from the Microsoft Store. Here’s an easy way to download it.
- Locate Microsoft Store on your start menu.
- Open Microsoft Store and search for Lenovo Vantage.
- When the Lenovo icon pops up, click on it to access the application page.
- Then, click on “Get and Launch” to download the app.
- When Lenovo Vantage has finished downloading, click Launch, and the app will open after loading.
How To Uninstall Lenovo Vantage
- Go to Control Panel.
- Click on programs and then choose Uninstall a program.
- Scroll down to find the Lenovo Vantage app on the Programs and Features screen.
- When you’ve located the app, right-click and select Uninstall.
How To Remove Lenovo Spyware
- Go to Control Panel.
- Choose Programs
- Look for VisualDiscovery under Uninstall a Program.
- Look for the spyware and uninstall it.
Meanwhile, note that Lenovo PCs no longer come with spyware. Or at least, that’s what the brand promises users. However, if you’ve discovered a sign of spyware on your old device, the above is what to do.
How To Stop Lenovo Updates
- Hit the Windows + R keys simultaneously. This opens the Run command.
- Type “gpedit.msc” in the Run box and press OK. This will launch the Local Group Policy Editor.
- Select the computer configuration option while in the local group policy editor. Then, select the administrative template.
- While on the computer configuration option, several options will appear; select Windows Component and then Windows Update. It is written in this format; Computer configuration — Administrative template — Windows component — Windows update — Local group policy editor.
- Double-click the Configure Automatic Update option. To enable the policy, go to the left side of your PC and check the Enabled options.
- Under the enabled option, you can configure automatic updates anyway you want of the following:
- Notify for both download and installation.
- Notification for installation and auto-download.
- Allow the local administrator to select a setting.
- Lenovo Yoga Laptop Won’t Turn ON? Best Fixes
- Are Lenovo Laptops Good Computers?
Passionate about technology and communication, I’m more comfortable writing about the key trends in business-to-business software-as-a-service (B2B SaaS). I’m a generalist with interests in journalism, DIY and outdoor. You can always reach me on Twitter and LinkedIn. Learn more about tekpip and the team here on our about us page.