The Clownfish Voice Changer is one of the most popular voice-changing software.
Despite how good it is, some users have had concerns and asked questions like, “is the Clownfish voice changer safe?” Besides, users have also complained about the software’s ability to store user data and its occasional malfunctions.
Since these concerns are worth considering, let’s address all issues surrounding the security of Clownfish users.
Is Clownfish Voice Changer Safe?
Yes, it is. However, you need to properly monitor your data because Clownfish stores it since it needs information from you to function efficiently.
Fortunately, the information you’re giving away can be easily erased. So to answer the famous question of “is the Clownfish Voice Changer safe” in the best possible way, let’s look at the type of data you provide for the software.
- Your IP Address: Like many other websites and software, Clownfish Voice Changer needs to gain access to your location.
- Daily Data Transfer Details: Clownfish Voice Changer will log your inputs on the microphone, your keystrokes, and speech level tags into a file.
With this frequent sessional data storage, Clownfish Voice Changer is effective enough to change voices to the desired voice. But, after each session, you as a user can permanently delete the recorded data through the “Clear Logs” option in the settings.
So what this means is that the answer to the “is Clownfish Voice Changer safe” question depends on you. Your data will remain intact if you delete your Logs after every session.
However, if you keep or transfer them to continue using the Clownfish Voice Changer on another device, your information would be used for other purposes.
Below are some of the things the Clownfish Voice Changer does with the information you provide:
I. Whenever a user complains about a malfunction in the software during a session, the Clownfish software team collects and diagnoses the log to provide an effective solution as soon as possible.
II. Before they release new updates, the Clownfish software team collates the logs and passes them through third-party software security testing for development purposes.
To round off, the answer to the “is Clownfish Voice Changer safe” question is yes.
They do not share your personal information and data with third parties. They only use your information for security testing and development purposes.
How to Download and Use Clownfish Voice Changer
Clownfish Voice Changer is compatible with Windows regardless of your Windows version. Also, the software is open-source, and it requires no in-app purchases.
Follow the steps below to download the software:
- STEP 1: Visit the Clownfish Voice Changer official website and download the one compatible with your Windows version.
- STEP 2: Install the software after downloading it.
- STEP 3: Choose a preferred location to save the application and wait for some time.
- STEP 4: After some time, you will get a prompt asking you to configure the app.
Follow the steps below to configure the app:
- STEP 1: Access the System tray and locate the Clownfish Voice Changer.
- STEP 2: Right-click on the Clownfish Voice Changer icon.
- STEP 3: Click on the “Setup” option to permit users across different apps.
- STEP 4: In the Setup, select “Microphone and install.”
- STEP 5: Go to your Sound Control Panel and select the “Recording” option
- STEP 6: Set “Microphone” as your default device
- STEP 7: Go back to the System Tray and click on hear microphone.
- STEP 8: Select “Set Voice Changer.”
Now you have installed and configured the Clownfish Voice Changer software.
Clownfish Voice Changer Not Working? Possible Reasons Why and Working Tips To Fix
Here are the reasons why your Clownfish Voice Changer software may not be working:
- If your microphone crashes and stops working, it can affect the Clownfish Voice Changer software.
- Your Clownfish Voice Changer may not work if you use an outdated version.
- If you have clownfish working simultaneously with another voice recording software like Audacity or Adobe Audition, the Clownfish software may not work well.
We’ve provided you with some tips you can try to fix your Clownfish Voice Changer software if it is not working.
Fix 1: Get the Latest Version of the Clownfish Voice Changer:
Clownfish Voice Changer updates its software periodically, and using a later version of the Clownfish Voice Changer could be the reason you’re experiencing problems. To fix:
- STEP 1: Go to your Control Panel.
- STEP 2: Select the “Uninstall Programs” option.
- STEP 3: Right-click on the Clownfish Voice Changer application and uninstall it.
- STEP 4: Go to the official Clownfish Voice Changer website.
- STEP 5: Search for the latest version and install the latest version of the Clownfish Voice Changer.
Fix 2. Get the Latest Version of the Platforms apps
Apps like Discord, Skype, and Steam are called Platform Apps. So if you have installed the latest version of the Clownfish Voice Changer and it still is not working, the problem is probably with the Platform apps.
You might be able to fix the issue you have by downloading the latest version of the Platform apps.
Fix 3. Installing the Microphone Correctly
After installing the latest version of the Clownfish Voice Changer on your system, it is mandatory to ensure your microphone is correctly installed. To fix this:
- STEP 1: Go to your System Panel.
- STEP 2: Right-click on the Clownfish Voice Changer icon.
- STEP 3: Select the “Setup” option and then “System Integration.”
- STEP 4: Install the Microphone that works properly.
- STEP 5: Restart your System and check the application.
Read also: What does the MSI game boost do? Does it work? Is it Safe?
How to Uninstall Clownfish Voice Changer
If you constantly ask yourself questions like “is the Clownfish Voice Changer safe?” You may be thinking about deleting the app. If yes, here are detailed steps to take to do so:
1. Uninstall From the Control Panel:
- STEP 1: Open the Control Panel.
- STEP 2: Select the “Uninstall Programs Options” and locate the Clownfish Voice Changer.
- STEP 3: Right-click on the Clownfish Voice Changer and Uninstall it.
2. Uninstalling the Clownfish Voice Changer with its Uninstall Extension:
- STEP 1: Go to your Program files
- STEP 2: Locate the Clownfish Voice Changer installation folder
- STEP 3: Locate the uninstall.exe
- STEP 4: Right-click or double-click on it to uninstall it.
3. Using a Run to Uninstall the String:
- STEP 1: Press the “Windows” + “R” buttons to open the Run command
- STEP 2: Paste this command “C:\Program Files (x86)\Clownfish\uninstall.exe” on the Run Command
- STEP 3: Follow the instructions to complete the uninstallation of the Clownfish Voice Changer.
Read also: Is Adblock Plus safe? A review
Which Voice Changers are Safe? Best Clownfish Alternatives
Below is a list of software with the Voice-Changing feature.
The Murf software uses AI technology to create high-quality voiceovers and recordings. The software transforms your recording into a robust professional studio product.
Its standout feature is its ability to transcribe and edit any voice recording, like a wrong sentence or pronunciation. In addition, the software can change the portion in the transcription.
The Voicemod is an advanced voice changer with an easy interface. It can add real-time voice effects to Platform apps like Skype, Discord, Steam, and many others.
It is also compatible with Audacity, Twitch, and Elgato Stream and game software like Fortnite, Minecraft, CS:GO, League of Legends, etc.
3. AV Voice Changer
The AV Voice Changer is compatible with apps like Discord, Steam, Twitch, and games like Apex Legends.
The software allows you to change your voice to sound, deeper, feminine, younger, or older.
Hopefully, we’ve helped answer the “is clownfish voice changer safe” question. We’ve also provided ways to fix the problems you may be facing with your Clownfish Voice Changer.
- Is OP Auto Clicker Safe?
- Is Pluto TV Safe? – Why It’s Free & How It Makes Money
- Is Kinguin Legit and Trustworthy?
- Is Davinci Resolve Safe?
I am Ola, a tech writer with a passion for breaking down complex technical concepts into easy-to-understand language. With over five years of experience in the tech industry, I have a wealth of knowledge on a variety of topics, from software development to cybersecurity. My writing style is clear, concise and engaging, making it easy for readers to grasp even the most complex technical concepts.