Discord has many attractive features such as voice channels for hangout, streaming services, and virtual drawing sessions with screenshare that make it a worthy download. However, with all these benefits, it can come as a nasty shock when you try to log into your account but find out that it has been disabled.
Alongside its important features, Discord also has community guidelines that you have to follow to ensure that you can continue using the app. Unfortunately, disregarding these guidelines will lead to the loss of your account. Nonetheless, there is still hope. You’ll find workable tips that’ll help you undisable a Discord account as you read on.
Why Was My Discord Account Disabled?
To undisable a discord account, you have to find out why it was disabled in the first place. The reason could be one of these:
- Spamming other users with messages.
- Posting content that is not acceptable according to Discord’s guidelines.
- You’re not up to 13 years.
- Your account has not been active for two years.
- Multiple users report your account for posting abusive content.
- You use your account for fraudulent activities.
- Your account could also be affected by a false positive. This is a rare case where Discord disables multiple accounts due to suspicious actions, and your account ends up disabled by mistake in the crossfire.
How to Undisable a Discord Account
Even if you’re unable to figure out why Discord disabled your account, an email will be sent to you with the reason why you have been removed from the platform. Although the disabling might be done in error in certain situations. Your account might have been affected by a bug in the system or reported by bots.
Whichever it is, we have some recommended fixes to help you get your account back in no time.
Tip 1: Send a request form to their Trust and Safety Team
- First, click on the Submit a request page.
- Then select the dropdown menu and pick Trust and Safety.
- Choosing that option would cause the website to load and show you the image below. Fill in the email address that you used to register your discord account.
- Click the “How can we help” dropdown menu and pick Appeals, age updates, and other questions. The next step is to select the option, “Appeal an action taken on my Account or Bot.”
- On the heading that asks what you want to appeal, pick “An action taken on my account.”
- Tick the three checkboxes available. Then fill in the Subject of your complaint and the Description of what happened to your account. The form should look like this.
- You can add some attachments like a screenshot of the disable prompt you saw when you tried to log in.
- Clickon Submit. Their response time is between a couple of hours or some days, and a unique ticket ID would be assigned to you while they work on your case.
Tip 2: Send an email to their official support page.
- Type a short appeal letter highlighting your willingness to obey all their stated guidelines.
- Send the letter to their email address [email protected].
- Use the email account affiliated with your Discord to send this message so that the support team can note down your account.
- Try not to spam them continuously when you don’t get a response immediately, as this can cause another offense.
Tip 3: Reach out to them on their social media platforms
- For a fast response on Twitter, DM them instead of just posting your issue on their Timeline. It might get lost in other messages. Their verified Twitter account is @discord.
- Contact them as well on Instagram, Facebook, and Reddit.
- Send them all necessary information, including your email address, support ticket ID, username on Discord, etc.
Note that your disabled account stays on the app for 14 days, after which it is deleted permanently. So, try making haste with the applications if you want your account back.
How To Secure An Account On Discord With 2fa And Backup Codes
Enabling two-factor authentication (2FA) is a preventive measure done so Discord would recognize that the account belongs to a real person, not a bot. This action would secure your account from hackers and ensure that it is not disabled by accident. Steps to enable 2FA are as follows
- Install the Google Authenticator app on your iPhone or Android device.
- Next, in the discord application on your PC, log into your account and select “User Settings.”
- Click on “My Account” and then “Enable Two-Factor Auth.”
- A prompt with three steps would show up on your screen. A QR and an Alpha-numerical code would appear when you complete the prompt’s instructions.
- After seeing this, go to your phone and open the Google Authenticator app.
- Tap on the + button to add a new 2FA key.
- You can now choose to scan the QR code or input the other alpha-numerical key manually.
- A 6-digit code will be displayed on your phone when you’re done with this. Open your discord app in your PC and input this in the required field.
- Click on Activate. Another prompt would ask you to “Download Backup Codes,” Copy and keep these codes where you can easily reach them. You might need it to retrieve your account at any time.
How to Undisable a Discord Account That Has Been Banned?
To undisable a discord account that has been banned, you have to know the type of ban affecting your account.
Server Ban: This is when you’re blocked from a server by a specific administrator. In this case, you can still use other Discord servers except for the one you have been kicked out of.
Platform Ban: If it is a platform ban, it is the same as Discord disabling your account. You have to follow the same instructions used to undisable a discord account.
How To Reactivate Discord Account
Another scenario is when you voluntarily deactivated your discord account because you want a break from the app. You can reactivate it by doing these steps:
- Open the application and enter your email address and password.
- A dialog box stating “Account disabled” would come up. There would be an option to “Restore Account” underneath this box.
- Click on this option, and Discord will reactivate your account.
How To Reset Discord Server
If you have a problem with a Discord server you created and want to reset it. It has to be done manually.
- First, open your discord app on either your phone or desktop.
- Select the server you wish to reset
- A dropdown menu will appear. Click on “Roles” among the available options.
- Choose what you want to alter and make the necessary adjustments. It is done step by step as there’s no option yet that is used to make these changes automatically.
How to Use Two Discord Accounts at Once
When you want to use two discord accounts at once, it would involve utilizing your computer and mobile phone:
- Download the app on your phone and input your login details for the first account.
- Open a browser on your PC and visit Discord’s website.
- Choose the option that says “Open discord in your browser”
- Enter your email address and password for the second account. You can now use two accounts simultaneously on your chosen devices.
Another alternative is using a third-party app, and that can lead to Discord disabling your account.
How to Tell If Someone Disabled Their Discord
When a user disables their discord account, there’ll be some changes made to their username.
If you search for the person, it will show Deleted user ****, with the asterisks being randomly generated numbers. You can check back for activity in the account within 30 days. After this time, Discord would delete the account.
How To Find Your Discord Password
If you are unsure of your Discord password and need help remembering it while logged in. You will need to use the Gmail App.
- Click on the profile icon at the top of your Gmail account.
- Select “Manage your Account.”
- A navigation bar would appear at the top of your screen with these options: Home, Personal info, Data and privacy, Security, etc.
- Choose “Security”
- Underneath it, select “Password Manager”
- Scroll down and check for the Discord App or website. Then click on it.
- Your password should show with your username. Tap on the eye icon to see your password.
If these options are not available on your device, you would have to click on “Forget password” after logging out, and a password reset link will be sent to your email.
How To Find My Discord Id On iPhone
To find your discord ID on iPhone, you would have to first switch to developer mode.
- Select the profile icon on the bottom right corner of your screen.
- Choose “Appearance” out of the available options.
- Developer mode would be directly underneath a dialogue box with Advanced on it. Move the toggle to turn it ON.
- After this, tap on your profile picture.
- Click on the three dots beside it and select “Copy ID” You can then paste the ID on your Notes app for future reference.
How to Disable and Undisable NSFW on Discord
NSFW on Discord are channels that are not suitable for people under 18. So, to avoid stumbling on them, you can disable them right from your settings.
- Tap on “User settings”
- Click on “Privacy & Safety” among the options.
- Select “Keep me Safe” from the dialog box that appears. This will cause the explicit content to be blocked. You can undisable this setting at any time. Nonetheless, if you’re below 18 on the app, the age limit will already have you restricted from NSFW discord servers.
How To Make Another Discord Account With The Same Email
To make another discord account with the same email. You would have to add a plus sign (+) and a keyword to your original email. This would cause all notifications to be sent to one mailbox.
For example, [email protected] is your main account, and the second account using a different username can be [email protected]. However, the major drawback is that if Discord suspects one account under the email of suspicious activity. Then, all the connected accounts are shut down.
To get the discord support team to undisable a discord account, you would have to act fast because of the small-time window. Following these tips would help you get your account back and prevent it from being disabled again.