In a world where the internet plays a big role in different aspects of our life, getting access to fast and reliable network service is necessary.
Fortunately, Apple is one of those companies to have started implementing the 5G technology on their phones.
You can follow the instructions below to turn on 5G on your iPhone12. The procedure below will work for different iPhone 12 series such as iPhone 12, iPhone 12 Mini, iPhone 12 Pro, and iPhone 12 Pro Max.
- STEP 1: Open “Settings” on your iPhone.
- STEP 2: Tap on “Cellular.”
- STEP 3: Select “Cellular Data Options.”
- STEP 4: Tap on “Voice & Data.” Inside the “Voice & Data” menu, you will notice that your phone is most likely preset to “5G Auto.”
The 5G Auto option enables your iPhone to automatically switch to LTE when the 5G connection isn’t strong enough to provide a better experience.
- STEP 5: If you want to leave your network settings to be set to 5G constantly, select the “5G On” option.
You can select the “LTE” option if you don’t want your iPhone to use 5G at all.
If you find it difficult to use the instructions above to turn on 5G on your iPhone 12, try the instructions below.
- STEP 1: Go to the “Start” screen on your iPhone.
- STEP 2: Choose “Settings.”
- STEP 3: Scroll down and select the “Mobile Data” option.
- STEP 4: Inside the “Mobile Data” page, select “Mobile Data Options.”
- STEP 5: Choose “Voice & Data” from the options.
- STEP 6: Tap on the “5G ON” option.
You can follow the procedure below if you want to turn on 5G on your iPhone 13.
- STEP 1: Open the Settings app.
- STEP 2: Select “Mobile Data” from the available options.
- STEP 3: When the Mobile Data screen opens up, select “Mobile Data Options.”
- STEP 4: On the next screen, tap on “Voice & Data.”
- STEP 5: Select the “5G On” or the “5G Auto” option to enable 5G on your iPhone 13.
Note that selecting the 5G Auto option enables your iPhone to automatically switch to LTE when the 5G connection isn’t strong enough.
Meanwhile, when you select the 5G ON option, your iPhone will maintain its 5G connection as long as it’s available. So even if the 5G connection provides the similar experience you will get with 4G, it will maintain the 5G connection.
Here is how to check if your iPhone is 5G.
- STEP 1: Go to the “Settings” app on your iPhone
- STEP 2: Tap on the “Cellular” option from the menu
- STEP 3: Choose “Cellular Data Options” from the available menu
- STEP 4: Tap on “Voice & Data.”
You can tell from this screen if your iPhone supports 5G technology. Just check the available network service settings.
To save you from the stress of going through the above steps, here is a list of all the iPhones that support 5G.
- iPhone 13
- iPhone 13 mini
- iPhone 13 Pro
- iPhone 13 Pro Max
- iPhone 12
- iPhone 12 mini
- iPhone 12 Pro
- iPhone 12 Pro Max
If you don’t see your iPhone on the list above, you most likely can’t use the 5G network service.
Read also: Do I Need A New Sim Card and Phone for 5G?
No, the iPhone 11 doesn’t have 5G. This is because, as of 2019, when Apple launched the iPhone 11, they were still in a long-running battle with Qualcomm, which produces the 5G chips.
As a result, Apple had to use the final generation of 4G modems made by Intel before they abandoned the 5G modem business.
The takeaway is that it is a hardware issue, so you shouldn’t expect the iPhone 11 to support 5G – unless Apple decides to rebuild the iPhone 11.
That concludes this article on 5G network service in iPhones. We hope you now know how to turn on the 5G network setting on an iPhone 12 and 13. As we’ve explained in the article, don’t bother trying to get a 5G connection on your iPhone 11 because it doesn’t support 5G.