There is no fun in playing games with a lagging Android device and there is nothing as frustrating as having FPS issues in the middle of a game. Well, you can improve gaming on Android devices. Gamers can tweak some hidden features of their android devices to meet any performance need. Wondering how?
Here are five ways to improve gaming performance on Android
Delete Unused Apps
The easiest way to improve your gaming performance is to delete apps that you don’t use. Having many apps on your home screen can slow your device. To delete unused apps, you can simply:
- Scroll through the apps on your phone to pick what you know you rarely or never use.
- Long press on the app’s icon. It will pop up a bar.
- On the bar, click Uninstall.
You can also do the following:
- Go to Files
- Click on it and scroll down until you find the bar for Your Unused Apps
- You can tick as many as you want to delete and uninstall them at once
Your device will run faster and subsequently improve your gaming performance.
Turn Off Background Processes
With many apps and processes running in the background, valuable processing resources are consumed. Hence, your game will run slowly or lag. Turning off background processes and apps will help to improve gaming performance on your android device. First, you need to ensure that Developer Options is enabled.
How to enable Developer Options
- Go to Settings
- Scroll down to System and click on it
- On the displayed page, scroll down to About Phone and click on it
- Click on Build Number about 7 times. You will see a popup saying that you are now a developer
Now, you can turn off background processes and apps
- Go back to Settings
- Click on System
- Click on Developer options
- Find and click on Running services
- Click on any of the processes or apps displayed and press Stop
Please note that in selecting which processes or apps to close, stopping some processes may cause the phone to crash. To be on the safe side, close social media apps, gallery, or video player. This should improve your phone’s performance when gaming by a few notches.
This is a sure way to improve gaming performance on Android devices. You can use either free or paid boosting apps to improve your device’s performance. All you need to do is download and install them, then follow built-in directions. Some that you can download and use include:
Read also: Best Low Budget Gaming Phones Under $300
Turn On Force 4x MSAA
4x MSAA is a resolution boosting method that balances a game’s graphics and overall performance. It is also known as 4 times multi-sample anti-aliasing. Once it is enabled, you will enjoy playing games with better image quality and improved processing speed.
It though is battery consuming. You should not keep it enabled all through the day except you have your phone constantly connected to a power source. Even at that, it might shorten your phone’s life.
To enable it:
- Go to Settings > System > Developer options
- Scroll down until you find Force 4x MSAA
- Enable it and you are good to go
Disable Energy Saving Mode
When the energy saver is on, your phone does its utmost to conserve battery life by limiting performance. If Power Saver is on, do not expect much. To improve gaming performance on Android devices, you need your battery at a substantially full life. So,
- Go to Settings > Battery > Battery saver
- Turn it off
These methods should improve gaming performance on Android devices. Improvements might be minimal or otherwise depending on why it was lagging in the first place. If you are still not satisfied, you might need to get android devices with better processing speed.
John follows everything happening in the tech industry, from the latest gadget launches to some of the big-name moves in the industry. He covers opinionated pieces and writes on some of the biggest names in the industry. John is also a freelance writer, so he shares articles on freelancing every now and then. email: [email protected]