If you’ve opened a Samsung account, you’re already aware of the numerous advantages. It allows you to sync Samsung apps across all of your Samsung devices, including smartphones, tablets, and smart televisions. You may use Samsung Pay to obtain news and offers, and use the “Find My Mobile” feature to track down your stolen phone.
However, regardless of its many advantages, there may be times when you want to cancel your Samsung account entirely. For example, when you decide to sell your device or don’t want it associated with your devices anymore.
Moreover, many users don’t know how to delete Samsung account with password nor do they know how to delete Samsung account without password. So, if you’re having these issues, this article will show you how to solve them.
How to Delete Samsung Account from Phone with Password
If you have a Samsung device that you want to get rid of or clear the data on it and you know the account details on it, here’s how to delete Samsung account from phone with password.
- Login in to your Samsung Account on your smartphone.
- Then click on your ‘Account Name’ from the drop-down menu.
- ‘Samsung Account Settings’ should be selected after.
- Then click ‘Delete Account’ from the drop-down menu.
- To confirm, click ‘Delete.’
How to Delete Samsung Account from Phone Without Password
Because Samsung checks your login credentials before permanently shutting the account, you may find it difficult to delete a Samsung account without password but if you still want to go ahead, here’s how you can do it.
- Open the Samsung Phone Settings app after unlocking your phone.
- Scroll down to ‘Cloud and Accounts’ in the settings menu. Tap ‘Accounts’ on the adjacent screen.
- From the options, select ‘Samsung Accounts’ and then select ‘My Profile’ from the list.
- You will be asked for your login credentials by the system (Email and password). ‘Forgot your ID and Password?’ should be selected.
- A prompt will appear, asking you to select a browser window before entering your ID and password. To obtain a password reset link from Samsung, enter your registered email address.
- Reset your password by opening your verification email.
- You can easily log in to your Samsung account after the reset. Return to the Samsung account settings page and select ‘Remove account’ from the top-right corner menu bar.
Does a Factory Reset Remove Samsung Account?
Yes, when you do a factory reset, your Samsung device will merely remove, not delete, your Samsung account. To factory reset your phone is to restore it to its original state, which is the state it was in when you first unboxed it. Therefore, all installed apps, including passwords and accounts, will be deleted and this is why a factory reset will undoubtedly result in the removal of your Samsung account. After you’ve completed the reset, you’ll need to re-add your Samsung account to your phone.
Do I have to have a Samsung Account to Use a Samsung Phone?
No, if you have a Google account, your phone will work smoothly and efficiently. Although, you can quickly sync your data if you use a Samsung account. Therefore, only use a Samsung account if you are a die-hard Samsung fan who will continue to buy their products in the future.
Do I need a Samsung Account if I have a Google Account?
You don’t need a Samsung account in the same way that you need a Google account to use your Android phone. However, having a Samsung account has its advantages as all Samsung phones come pre-loaded with a variety of apps. However, not all of these apps are beneficial, and many users do not require or utilize them. You can simply delete the Samsung account instead of disabling or uninstalling them.
Is a Samsung Account Safe?
Yes, it is safe. A Samsung account provides you with a variety of helpful features as well as robust security protections to keep your information safe. These features include: backing up and restoring data on your mobile using Samsung Cloud, finding your device, access to Galaxy Apps, Samsung Pay, and much more. To get maximum protection, setting up two-step verification on your account is a highly recommended method to keep all of your data secure.
Is the Samsung Account Free?
Yes, your Samsung account is a free integrated membership program that gives you access to Samsung services on smartphones, tablets, televisions, and other devices. It also provides you with a variety of convenient features such as; the Galaxy app, Samsung Pay, and others, as well as robust security protections to keep your information safe.
Read also: Samsung Fridge Not Cooling? Best Fixes
What is my Samsung ID and Password? Where can I find them?
A Samsung account is a user name and password that you create to get the most out of your Samsung products, whether they are tablets, phones, or SMART TVs. You will be able to sync and update all Samsung apps without having to do anything if you register.
Additionally, you can find your Samsung ID and password by clicking the “Find ID and reset password” link on the login page of the Samsung account. Here’s how to do that:
- Go to the Samsung Account page (https://account.samsung.com/), and click the “Find ID” tab.
- After this, on the “Find ID” screen, enter your name and date of birth.
- Then to see the ID (e-mail) you created when you first joined the Samsung Account, click the “Find ID” button.
Read also: Apple AirPlay Not Working on LG, Vizio, Samsung Tv & Roku? Best Fixes
In summary, if you own a Samsung device and you want to either delete Samsung account with password or delete Samsung account without password, the above steps will put you through so you can clear the data before giving away your device or changing it.
- How To Disable Screen Mirroring on Android, iPhone, Samsung & LG
- How to Get Water Out Of Phone Charging Port [iPhone & Samsung]