If you are wondering about the possibility of connecting an Airpod to a Dell laptop, yes, you can do such a thing.
Even though Airpods are primarily designed to work best with iOS devices, they still work well with other devices like Windows PCs. You only need a good knowledge of Bluetooth connectivity, and you won’t have issues connecting your Airpods to your Dell laptop.
Don’t worry, though. If you are unfamiliar with Bluetooth connectivity, this article will provide a detailed guide on how to connect your Airpods to a Dell laptop.
Connecting your Airpods to your Dell laptop is the same as how you would connect any Bluetooth headphones to your computer.
You just need to turn on the Bluetooth on your Dell laptop and enable pairing on your Airpod. When you’ve done that, you can now pair the Airpod with your Dell laptop to establish a connection.
Here are more detailed step-by-step instructions you can follow if you want to connect your Airpods to your Dell laptop:
- STEP 1: Leave the Airpod in the charging case and fully charge them.
- STEP 2: Enable Bluetooth on your Dell laptop by going to the Bluetooth Settings in the action center.
To do that, press the “Windows + A” buttons on your Dell laptop keyboard. Then, right-click on “Bluetooth” and select “Go to Settings.”
Alternatively, you can go to the Bluetooth action center by pressing “Windows + I.”
Whichever method you decide to use, ensure to navigate to “Devices” and then select “Bluetooth & other devices.” Lastly, toggle on Bluetooth on your Dell laptop.
- STEP 3: Click the “Add Bluetooth or other devices” option on that page.
- STEP 4: Pick your Airpod and open up its lid.
- STEP 5: Press and hold the small button on the back of the case.
- STEP 6: Release the button when the status light on the front of the case starts blinking white.
- STEP 7: You should be able to see the AirPod in the list of devices available for pairing on your Dell laptop.
- STEP 8: Select your AirPods from the list of available Bluetooth devices.
- STEP 9: Click Pair. You will hear a light tone or beep when your AirPods connect with your Dell laptop.
Connecting Airpods to your Windows 7 Dell laptop is as easy as connecting regular headphones to your computer. Here is a step-by-step guide on how to establish the connection.
- STEP 1: First, make sure to turn on your Bluetooth
- STEP 2: Go to your Control Panel
- STEP 3: Select the “Hardware and Sound” section
- STEP 4: Click on “Devices and Printers“
- STEP 5: Open your Airpod’s charging case
- STEP 6: Press and hold the button on the back of the case. Wait till the status light on the front of the case starts blinking white before you stop pressing the button.
- STEP 7: Check your laptop screen and choose your Airpod from the list of devices you see.
You will need to do some things before establishing a connection between your Windows 11 laptop and Airpods. You will need first to enable Bluetooth on the computer and then put the AirPods in pairing mode.
Below is a more detailed guide:
- STEP 1: Click on the Windows icon on the taskbar.
- STEP 2: Click on “Settings” from the menu that displays.
- STEP 3: Select “Bluetooth & devices” from the list of options in the left menu panel.
- STEP 4: Toggle the Bluetooth switch to turn it on if it isn’t already on.
- STEP 5: Click the “+ Add device” icon.
- STEP 6: Open the Airpod case, but leave the Airpods inside the case.
- STEP 7: Press and hold the button at the back of the Airpod case.
- STEP 8: Release the button when the light on the case begins to flash white light.
- STEP 9: Go to your Windows 11 PC, and click on “Bluetooth.”
- STEP 10: Click on your AirPods from the list on your screen.
- STEP 11: When your laptop establishes the connection, click “Done.”
You can follow the steps below if you learn how to connect Airpods to your Lenovo laptop.
- STEP 1: Go to the system tray on your Lenovo laptop and click on the “Bluetooth” icon.
- STEP 2: Ensure to turn on Bluetooth.
- STEP 3: Click on the “Add a Bluetooth device” option.
- STEP 4: Click on “Add Bluetooth or other devices.”
- STEP 5: Open your Airpods case.
- STEP 6: Press and hold the button at the back of the Airpod case.
- STEP 7: Release the button when the Airpod begins to flash white light.
- STEP 8: Select your Airpods from the list of devices your Lenovo laptop discovers.
Follow the steps below to connect your Airpods to your HP laptop.
- STEP 1: The first thing you need to do is to enable Bluetooth on your HP laptop. You can do this by clicking on the “Action Center button” on your taskbar or pressing “Windows Key + A” to open the Action Center.
- STEP 2: Right-click the tile displaying the Bluetooth icon.
- STEP 3: Click “Go to Settings” to open your laptop’s Bluetooth settings menu.
- STEP 4: If the Bluetooth toggle switch is off, click on it to turn Bluetooth on.
- STEP 5: Click “+ Add Bluetooth or other devices” at the top of the screen.
- STEP 6: Select “Bluetooth.”
- STEP 7: Open your AirPods case.
- STEP 8: Press and hold the button on your AirPods case.
- STEP 9: Release the button when the Airpod flashes white.
- STEP 10: You should see your Airpods appear as Bluetooth devices in your HP laptop’s list of discovered devices. Click on it.
- STEP 11: Wait some time for the Airpod to connect fully. Press the “Done” button to finish.
We hope you have the information you need to connect Airpods to your Dell laptop.
One thing common to Windows OS (Operating System) laptops is that they all use the same setting. Thus, you don’t need to worry about the connection settings as long as you already have an idea.
I am Ola, a tech writer with a passion for breaking down complex technical concepts into easy-to-understand language. With over five years of experience in the tech industry, I have a wealth of knowledge on a variety of topics, from software development to cybersecurity. My writing style is clear, concise and engaging, making it easy for readers to grasp even the most complex technical concepts. Learn more about tekpip and the team here on our about us page.