Are you looking for ways to cancel Best Buy credit card? Perhaps you’ve realized that you could make do with other flexible payment options, have better rates, or just that you don’t want to incur more debt?
If that is the case, you are in the best place to get helpful information on how to cancel Best Buy credit card. Besides, you will also discover some other useful information about Best Buy credit cards.
Make sure to read this article to the end to get all this information:
Canceling your Best Buy credit card by email:
- STEP 1: Go to the email you linked to your Best Buy account.
- STEP 2: Go ahead and start the process of composing a new email.
- STEP 3: In the “To:” section, enter Best Buy customer support’s email account. The email is “[email protected]”
- STEP 3: Enter “REQUEST TO CANCEL MY BEST BUY CREDIT CARD” as the “Subject” of the email.
- STEP 4: In the body of the email, inform the customer service team about your intention to cancel your Best Buy credit card. Include your identification information, such as your email address or phone number.
- STEP 5: Send the email.
- STEP 5: After you send the email, the customer service team will get back to you, and they may request some information. Provide the information they need.
Canceling your Best Buy credit card over the phone:
If you want to cancel your Best Buy credit card over the phone, call Best Buy customer care service at (888) 574-1301. You will get to speak to a customer care representative.
Inform the representative about your wish to cancel your Best Buy credit card. Make sure you have the information related to the credit card nearby because the representative may need to validate some credentials.
How to Improve Credit Score for Best Buy Credit Card Approval
Some of the things you should consider are maintaining a solid credit history and a steady income.
You will also need to reduce your credit utilization. If you are using your existing credit too much, the Best Buy credit card issuers may see it as a sign that you may not pay them back.
In addition, you should make sure that you haven’t applied for too much credit in the past. If you have too many credit requests, it will reduce your chances of getting approved for a credit card.
Overall, try to remove negative items from your credit report. For example, remove late payments, bankruptcies, charge-offs, liens, judgments, collections, foreclosures, and repossessions.
Having the Best Buy credit card means you have automatically joined the My Best Buy shopper loyalty program. As a member of the program, you can earn rewards as points.
You can also turn those points into Best Buy rewards certificates. For example, with 250 points, you can get a $5 reward certificate.
When you shop at Best Buy, you will get:
- 5% back on all purchases, which amounts to 2.5 points per $1 spent.
- Flexible financing options.
If you use the Visa Best Buy credit card, you will get more than 5% back on your purchases. The extra benefits you will get include:
- 3% back on gas purchases which amount to 1.5 points per $1 spent.
- 2% back on dining and grocery purchases (1 point per $1 spent).
- 1% back on other everyday purchases (1 point per $2 spent).
Best Buy also offers a one-time incentive for those who just obtained their Best Buy credit card. This offer could be a total 10% refund in Best Buy points on your first day of purchases after getting your Best Buy credit card approval.
If you spend $2,000 on your first Best Buy credit card purchase, you’ll get 10,000 points.
You also get free shipping, access to special sales and offers, and 24/7 customer service.
Below are some of the advantages and disadvantages of getting the Best Buy credit card.
- Good rewards and benefits: If you usually make frequent purchases, you will be getting several 5% back (in points) on your purchase. When this reward adds up, you can use it to make more purchases.
- Rewards on other purchases: With a Best Buy credit card, you can buy and earn rewards on gas (3% back), groceries, dining, and takeout (2% back). This also applies to all other purchases (1% back).
- Restricted reward usability: You earn rewards on all purchases made on the platform, and these rewards can be used to make further purchases from the store. Unfortunately, you can only use those rewards to make purchases on Best Buy.
Also, the points you can earn are only in increments of either $5 or $6 before you can get enough for reward certificates.
- There is a short timeframe for the reward expiration: Reward certificates usually expire in 60 days. If you don’t use your reward before the end of this timeframe, you will lose it.
- Potential for an annual fee: Those who can’t get the Platinum card usually get the Gold version of the card. This version attracts a yearly fee of $59 to obtain and use it.
You need to have a credit score of at least 690 or 700 to get approved for a Best Buy credit card. In addition, you will need to meet some minimum requirements before you can get a Best Buy card.
These requirements include:
- A Credit score of 640 and above if you want to get the store card. You will need a credit score of 700 and above to get the Visa version.
- Age: You must be above 18 years old.
- A mailing address: You must be located in the U.S.
- A Social Security Number. You need an SSN and a driver’s license or government-issued photo ID. Note that you can’t substitute an ITIN.
- Income: You will need to show proof of steady income.
If you meet these requirements, you can follow these steps to apply for a Best Buy card.
- STEP 1: Create a BestBuy.com account
- STEP 2: On theBestBuy website, click the “Credit cards” tab at the top of the page
- STEP 3: Select “Apply now“
- STEP 4: The next page will prompt you to fill in some personal, financial, and security information. Fill them appropriately.
- STEP 5: After completing the steps above, Best Buy will either approve or decline your application. If they agree to your application, they will ask you to choose which type of card you want.
- STEP 6: Choose your desired card and agree to the Best Buy interest rates, charges, and fees.
There are different ways through which you can delete your Best Buy account.
You can delete your Best Buy account via email:
To use this method, simply contact the Best Buy customer support team via email and ask them to delete your account.
Follow the process below to send an account deletion request:
- STEP 1: Open your email. Ensure that it is the same email you have linked to your Best Buy account.
- STEP 2: Set the recipient of the email you are about to draft to Best Buy customer support at “[email protected].”
- STEP 3: Enter “REQUEST TO DELETE MY ACCOUNT” as the subject of the email
- STEP 4: In the body of the email, let the customer service team know that you want to permanently delete your account and remove all your personal information from the platform. Ensure to include your identification information, such as your email address or phone number.
- STEP 5: Send the email after you have finished drafting it.
Call the Best Buy customer care:
You can delete your account by contacting Best Buy directly through “1-888-BEST BUY (1-888-237-8289)”.
When you contact them, you will need to provide your account details, including your name, email address, phone number, etc. They will need this information to verify your identity.
You can delete your Best Buy account via online chat: Simply contact a representative by going to this page on their website. Inform the Best Buy customer service representative of your wish to delete your account.
To cancel your Best Buy iPhone insurance, you can simply call 1-800-433-5778 and follow the prompts.
If you ordered your Apple device through Best Buy, you could also cancel your iPhone insurance through your Best Buy account. Go to your account and click on the “protection plans and subscriptions” tab.
You will see an option for you to cancel your Apple insurance plan.
Here are different ways to unsubscribe from Best Buy emails:
- You can unsubscribe by calling them at 1-888-BEST BUY. Then, when you get connected with a customer care personnel, tell them that you want to stop receiving promotional emails.
- You can unsubscribe from their emails through one of the emails they send to you:
- STEP 1: Open one of the emails you received from Best Buy
- STEP 2: There will be an unsubscribe button at the bottom of the email. Click on the button to stop receiving emails from them.
- You can send an unsubscribe email to Best Buy. To do this:
- STEP 1: Log into your email account
- STEP 2: Draft a new email that includes your current contact information and an unsubscribe request
- STEP 3: Send the email to “[email protected]“
How to Cancel AppleCare Through Best Buy
Here is a step-by-step guide explaining how to cancel AppleCare through Best Buy:
- STEP 1: Open your Best Buy account
- STEP 2: Click on the “Protection plans and subscriptions” tab
- STEP 3: The next menu that appears will provide an option for you to cancel your Apple insurance plan.
The answer to this may be subjective, but we believe the simple answer should be “No.” Getting an extended Best Buy warranty plan is a waste of money.
After all, a manufacturer’s warranty covers regular wear and tear, which is what Best Buy’s protection plan covers. So instead of getting a Best Buy protection plan, consider buying products produced by a brand with a good reputation.
If you are considering the Best Buy protection plan, think carefully before deciding.
No, Best Buy does not do Quadpay.
No. Best Buy doesn’t accept payments through Quadpay.
Before you can be eligible for a Best Buy credit card, you will need to have a credit score of over 700
No, you can’t. You can only use your Best Buy credit card at Best Buy stores and on the Best Buy website.
If at any time you ever need to cancel Best Buy credit card, you can follow the procedures we’ve highlighted in this article.
Besides knowing how to cancel Best Buy credit card, you can also refer to this article for any extra information on Best Buy credit cards.
- Does Walmart Take Apple Pay, Google Pay, Samsung Pay, PayPal, Venmo, and Checks?
- Does Target Take Apple Pay, WIC, PayPal, Food Stamps, and Coupons?
- How to Remove Expired Subscriptions on iPhone,iTunes & Apple TV