If you downloaded some music to your iPhone recently, or you received it from a friend, you should read this. In many cases where you get mp3 files from a source other than Apple Music, you find that it doesn’t automatically appear in your Apple Music, and you can only play it from that source.
Or, maybe you already have the files on your computer and you need to play them from your phone. We’ve got you.
This article discusses how to add mp3 to Apple Music on iPhones and what to do whenever iTunes is unavailable.
There is just one way to add mp3 to Apple Music on iPhone and it involves using a computer with iTunes. Here’s a step-by-step guide
- Step one: Ensure that your computer has the most recent iTunes version installed on it. If your iTunes app is not up to date, update it.
- Step two: Transfer the file from your iPhone to your computer using a USB cord.
- Step three: Open iTunes, ensuring that you are logged in with the same Apple ID you use on your Apple Music.
- Step four: In the Music section of your iTunes app, click on Library.
- Step five: Using Mac Finder or Windows Explorer, drag and drop the files you want into your iTunes Library.
- Step six: You would need to ensure that the iCloud Music Library is enabled from your iTunes app. This will allow you to play your music from any synced device. To check, open the Preferences menu and check the General tab to see if iCloud Music Library is enabled.
- Step seven: Select all the tracks you need and right-click. Under the available options, select Add to iCloud Music Library. Your files will be in your Apple Music library when you open the app on your iPhone.
Want to download mp3 directly to your iPhone? It’s quite simple. Buckle up, because we’re going to show you different ways to do this.
Option 1 – Download with Safari
One way to do this is by using Safari. Here’s how to do this.
- Step one: Get the download link to the mp3 file you want.
- Step two: Paste the link in your browser and initiate the downloadi. You will be able to monitor your download progress on the screen.
- Step three: After the download is complete, you will see an option to “Open in files” pop up on your screen. Select it.
- Step four: Select where on your iPhone you want to save your file. You can access your mp3 file from there whenever you want.
Option 2 – Download with Apple Music
You can download mp3 to your iPhone directly with Apple Music. When you add a song to your library on Apple Music, you have the option of downloading it. We’ll show you how to add mp3 to Apple Music on iPhone:
- Step one: Open the Apple Music app and search for the song you want to download.
- Step two: Click “Add” or the + icon next to the song. It will quickly change to a download icon once it has been added to your Library.
- Step three: Click on the download icon and wait for your song to download. After the download, you can access the song offline.
Option 3 – Download with iTunes
You can also save mp3 files to your phone using iTunes if you are already subscribed to Apple Music. Follow these steps.
- Step one: Open iTunes on your PC and enable iCloud Music Library if you haven’t done so already. The steps to do this were outlined earlier on.
- Step two: Search for the mp3 you need and add it to your iTunes Library.
- Step three: You can now play the audio directly from your Apple Music library on your iPhone.
Option 4 – Download from alternate sources
Another way to download mp3 to your device is by using other platforms that allow you to do so. For example, SoundCloud allows you to download music to your device. There are also other websites or platforms you can download from. Then after downloading, you could reference the earlier part of the article to see how to add mp3 to Apple Music on iPhone.
Unfortunately, iTunes is the only way to add mp3 to Apple Music on iPhones, apart from searching up the song on Apple Music directly. It is also not possible to do this without a computer. To add your files to Apple Music, you will need to use a computer with iTunes.
The only way to add your files to Apple Music on iPhone is by using a computer. This happens to be a major downside to replacing your computer with an iPad. This limitation makes it impossible to add mp3 to Apple Music using just iOS.
Are there any apps you can use to download mp3 on your iPhone?
The answer is yes. We’ll conclude this article by sharing some apps you can use to download and play music on your iPhone. The best part? They are all free to use!
SoundCloud. This app allows you to download music directly to your iPhone and is compatible with iOS 9 or newer versions.
iHeartRadio. This popular streaming platform also allows you to download songs to your device and listen offline with no hassle. It is compatible with iOS 10 and above.
Freegal music. You can listen to unlimited songs on this platform, download them to your device and play them offline. You can also curate your playlists and share them with others. This app is compatible with iOS 7.1 and later versions.
YouTube Music. This works especially if you are transitioning from using an Android device to iOS. It has a large collection of songs and you can download them on your iPhone. It is compatible with iOS 8.2 and above.
- How Does Apple Watch Calculate Calories Burned?
- Why Is Apple Music So Slow on Macs and iPhones?
- Best Discord Music Bots
- Best Spotify Equalizer Settings for AirPods
- Can You Wear AirPods in The Shower?
John follows everything happening in the tech industry, from the latest gadget launches to some of the big-name moves in the industry. He covers opinionated pieces and writes on some of the biggest names in the industry. John is also a freelance writer, so he shares articles on freelancing every now and then. email: [email protected]