Think about it. There are over a billion monthly active users on Instagram. These users upload more than 500 million stories in a single day. That seems like enough for a crowded community. Now imagine that everyone can do anything: unlimited likes, comments, follow/unfollows. It would turn the platform into chaos.
On the other hand, if every action were unlimited on Instagram, many businesses and individual users would use this opportunity to over-promote their accounts. This is one of the reasons I think Instagram has put rules in place against actions like these without announcing them.
For those asking how many people can I unfollow on Instagram and how many can I follow in a day, here you’ll have the answers.
How many people can I Unfollow on Instagram?
The short answer is you can follow or unfollow up to 200 accounts per day. For new Instagram users, this figure could be around 150. If you exceed this, you could be banned temporarily.
Here are some rules when it comes to the number of people you can unfollow on Instagram in a day;
- For accounts less than a week old, you can unfollow 51 users a day.
- For the second week, you can unfollow 100 a day.
- For the third week, 150 a day.
- For the fourth week, 200 per day.
If your account is older than a month, you can still face some restrictions if you unfollow more than 200 users a day.
How many people can you follow on Instagram?
Instagram doesn’t allow you to follow more than 7,500 users, irrespective of the number of followers you have. Instagram has put a cap on the number of people you can follow to reduce spam. If you try to follow more than 7,500 users, an error message will be displayed. Anyone following more than 7,500 people did so before this rule was made.
How many people can you follow on Instagram a day?
For new Instagram users, you cannot follow more than 500, while older accounts cannot follow more than 1000 users, which also depends on how law-abiding you have been.
Ensure you don’t try to follow more than 200 Instagram users at once. You might get banned for this and won’t know how many strikes you have left.
How many people can you tag in an Instagram story?
For Instagram stories, you can tag up to 10 people per post. If you tag more than 10 people, your story won’t post. If you need more engagement, consider uploading a video or picture, then you can tag up to 20 people per post. You can also use the @ sign to mention more people in the comment section.
How long does Instagram block you from following?
The answer to this is not certain. However, we have seen accounts being banned for less than 20 minutes and others for more than a week.
The reason for Instagram blocking your account may be because you followed too much of Instagram accounts in a short time. However, if you are using a new account, it may be less than that.
How to unfollow a hashtag on Instagram
- Click on the three dots at the top of the hashtag page.
- Then select unfollow.
- Tap on confirm.
Hashtags are keyword phrases or words used to aid those interested in your post to find it on social media. For example, you might come across a post that you don’t like or don’t want to show on your social media feed due to the Hashtags you are currently following.
How to know who unfollowed me on Instagram
Head down to the Instagram profile of the user and click on the box with ‘following.’ You will see the list of accounts that person is following. If you are sure they were following you but you are not on the list, then you can assume they no longer follow you. Seems quite easy.
Let’s assume you have a few thousand followers. To use this method becomes almost impossible. Another way to do this is to make use of apps such as:
- Followers Tracker Pro
- Follow Cop
How to unfollow on Instagram
- First, launch your Instagram app.
- At the bottom, tap on your profile picture.
- At the top of the profile page, tap Following, and the users you follow will be displayed.
- Once you see the account you want to unfollow, tap ‘Following.’
How to remove a follower on Instagram
- Tap on your profile picture at the bottom right corner of Instagram to open your profile.
- Click on followers
- Click on remove to the right of the follower’s account name you want to remove.
- Finally, tap on ‘Remove’ to confirm
- Note that the follower you removed won’t receive a notification.
Note: You can only remove people from your followers when your account is private.
How to make someone unfollow you on Instagram
The best way to achieve this is to remove the users as a follower of your account if you don’t want to remove them from your list of followers
Another method is to block their account. You don’t need to worry about them being notified. You can also restrict their Instagram account from seeing your post.
How to delete Instagram messages fast
- Tap on chat
- Tap on the Delete icon that shows on the screen.
- Tap on confirm to delete.
For iPhone users:
- Swipe left on the chat.
- Tap on delete on the menu that appears.
- Then confirm delete
How to unfollow everyone on Instagram
The only way to unfollow everyone is to do it manually. You can unfollow 200 Instagram users at a go, then wait an hour before unfollowing another 200.
There are apps that claim to be able to unfollow everyone on your Instagram at once, and most do work at some point but not anymore. Their ratings are usually inflated, but many users say they don’t work when you look at the comments.
How to limit comments on Instagram
- Click on your profile picture in the bottom right corner of your screen
- Click on the top right corner before you tap settings.
- Tap Privacy and then Limits. Tap Continue
- Choose the number of days to limit their comments by going to the right of the limit and scrolling down to the number of days menu you want to limit their comments.
- Then Confirm
How to know if Instagram banned you
Try to log in, comment, like, or share videos and pictures. You will get a message that says your account has been blocked. You can also ask a friend to use their account and search your Instagram account.
- Why Am I Not Getting Snapchat Notifications on Android and iPhone?
- How to Text Someone Who Blocked You on Android & iPhone Apps
- Does TikTok Pay Creators?
Passionate about technology and communication, I’m more comfortable writing about the key trends in business-to-business software-as-a-service (B2B SaaS). I’m a generalist with interests in journalism, DIY and outdoor. You can always reach me on Twitter and LinkedIn. Learn more about tekpip and the team here on our about us page.