When you purchase your AirPods, it comes together with its case, and it is advisable to charge them both before using them so that you can use your AirPods and their case at their full capacity. So, the question then becomes, how long do you charge your AirPods case for the first time after you bought it?
Although there are different generations of AirPods, what they all have in common is that they need to be charged before use. The AirPods case is essential in this function as it boosts the AirPods and holds power for the AirPods to be recharged several times in a day. Therefore, you should charge your AirPods case for as long as needed.
How Long to Charge Your AirPods Case for The First Time?
The recommended time to charge your AirPods case is an hour when it is the first time or until the case is fully charged. This would also allow the case to serve as a power reserve for the AirPods.
In addition, light indicators help you know how long it would take to charge. So, for example, when the color on the case is amber, it means the case is still charging, but when the light shows green, your AirPods case is fully charged and should be disconnected.
How Do You Know When Your AirPods Case Is Fully Charged?
You would know when your AirPods case is fully charged when the indicator on the case switches from amber to green. The green color indicates that it is fully charged. The AirPods case also does not overcharge. When the case battery and the AirPods are filled up, the charging stops.
Why Is My Airpods Case Taking So Long to Charge?
Your AirPods case might be taking longer to charge because of specific problems with the battery, the charging ports, or the contact points where the AirPods connect to the case. Here are some tips that can help resolve these issues:
- Clean the exterior and the interior of the case, AirPods contact points, charging ports with a dry brush or rag, ensure that you remove any debris that might have built up during the periods of use.
- Use another charging cable to charge your AirPods. For example, you can use the cable that came with your iPad, iPhone or MacBook.
- If the above tips do not work, you should reset your AirPods. You can reset the AirPods by pressing the setup button for at least a minute. The indicator light should show white, then amber, and finally back to white again, signifying that the reset is complete.
If, after trying all this, it doesn’t work as it used to, it might be a battery issue, and you’ll have to take it in for repairs; if the damage occurred within a year of use, then it should still be covered by warranty.
How to Know If AirPods Are Charging on Android?
Even though AirPods are generally used with iPhones, Android phones can also use them. To check if your AirPods are charging on your android device, you have first to connect it to the phone by Bluetooth, after which you carry out the following steps:
- Look for the Air battery app from the Google Play store and download it.
- When your AirPods case opens, your phone screen should display a pop-up.
- This pop-up shows both the battery percentage of the case and that of the AirPods. This information makes it easy to check if the AirPods are charging when you plug them in.
Do Airpods Cases Charge First?
Yes, they should. But this answer depends on certain things. For example, if you charge your AirPods case first without the AirPods in them, the case should charge up before you put the AirPods in, but if you’re charging both the AirPods case and the AirPods at the same time, then they’ll both charge together. However, the AirPods would get filled up first before the AirPods case, and this is because they both have different power capacities, and you can use the charging case to boost your AirPods multiple times in a day.
What Does A Blue Light Mean on AirPods?
When you see a blue light on your AirPods, you probably got a counterfeit AirPod. This blue light appears in these fake AirPods when one or both of them stop working. The original Apple AirPods only use these colors: Amber, Green, White (this shows up when you want to reset your AirPods and no color (this indicates the AirPods case is out of battery and needs to recharge).
How Many Hours Is Used to Charge Airpods?
For a pair of AirPods to fully charge, it takes 15 minutes. The AirPods can then last for up to 6 hours of listening time and 4 hours of talk time. Of course, these figures vary based on which generation the AirPods are.
- For AirPods (3rd generation): 6 hours listening time, 4 hours talk time in a single charge. AirPods case (3rd generation): 30 hours listening time, 20 hours talk time
- AirPods (2nd generation): 5 hours listening time, 3 hours talk time in a single charge. For AirPods case (2nd generation): 24 hours listening time, 18 hours talk time.
Click here to find out the listening time and talk time for other AirPods models.
Frequently Asked Questions
After you charge your AirPods case for the first time, you can use it on several occasions to top up your AirPods. We’d also suggest that you leave your AirPods in their case when you’re not using them. Aside from the apparent security purposes, it also keeps the AirPods from discharging quickly.
- Does AppleCare Cover Scratches on AirPods
- How Do AirPods Charge So Fast?
- Is it bad to sleep with AirPods in?
John follows everything happening in the tech industry, from the latest gadget launches to some of the big-name moves in the industry. He covers opinionated pieces and writes on some of the biggest names in the industry. John is also a freelance writer, so he shares articles on freelancing every now and then. email: firstname.lastname@example.org Learn more about tekpip and the team here on our about us page.