But many (ex)users have given reviews about how addictive and toxic things can get there on Discord. So, whether you’re a student or have other areas of your life you want to focus on, and you think you’ve had enough of Discord, maybe it’s time to let it all go!
How do I delete a Discord account, and how long does it take to delete a discord account? How do I disable a profile on Discord? How do I unsubscribe from Discord via the website or mobile app?
If any of the above is the question you’re asking, come with me as I walk you through the process of getting off the face of Discord!
Deleting a Discord account usually takes 14 days after pressing the Delete button. Unfortunately, you can’t fast-track this, perhaps because Discord wants you to reconsider whether you’re deleting your account.
However, from the moment you click Delete, you won’t have access to your account. But you can always send an email to support if you want the account back within 14 days after hitting Delete.
After the 14th day, your account, including its data, will vanish off the face of the internet. Note, however, that sometimes this process can take up to 30 days due to technical reasons. But 14 days is the usual period.
First, we’ll see how to delete a Discord account on your PC and delete a Discord account on mobile.
To unsubscribe from Discord app from Safari, Chrome, Mozilla browser, here is the method to follow:
- Open your PC browser and log in to your Discord account.
- Go to user settings.
- Go to Discord account settings
- Click on the “Edit” button in the “My Account” section. In the Account settings, you have to choose between deleting an account or disabling it.
- Click on the “Delete Account” button.
To disable a Discord account from Safari, Chrome, Mozilla browser, here are the steps to follow:
- First, log in to your Discord account.
- Go to user settings.
- Click on the “Edit” button in the “My Account” section.
- Click on the “Disable account” button.
Your Discord profile is now Disabled. Know that you can re-enable it at any time and recover all your data.
- To delete your Discord account on your iPhone or Android, open the application
- If you’re not logged in, do so
- When you’re logged in, go to User Settings by clicking the Discord icon at the right bottom corner of the interface
- Next, click on My Account
- When you get to My Account, scroll up and click on Delete Account, which is in red text
- Enter your account password and click on Delete Account. Your account will be deleted in 14 days, but you will not be able to access it before then, except you send the Discord support an email requesting you want your account back before the 14th day.
Disabling a Discord account is almost the same as deleting it.
- Start by opening the Discord application
- When you’re logged in, go to User Settings by clicking the Discord icon located at the right bottom corner of the interface
- Next, click on My Account
- When you get to My Account, scroll up and click on Disable Account, which is in red text
- Enter your account password and click on Disable.
No. Nothing gets deleted if you disable your account. Your messages, data, and settings will be intact, but you won’t receive any message or notification. It is a way of taking a break from the platform.
By choosing to Disable your account, you allow yourself the opportunity to recover your Discord account at any time. Indeed, the idea of disabling a Discord account makes it possible to change your mind and reactivate it with one click without losing your data.
Perhaps you changed your mind and want to delete your previously disabled account; log back in on your phone or browser and go to User Settings. Click on My Account and then tap Delete Account. Enter your account password, and that’s it.
If you have already signed out, open the app or go to the Discord website. Next, click on login, enter your login details, and tap on login below. Then, verify that you’re human by completing the captcha verification. If your login details are correct and you pass the verification test, you’ll immediately sign in.
To sign out, go to User Settings. Then click the sign-out icon at the top right corner of the page.
You can check how old your discord account is by logging into your account on a web browser on a computer. To check the age of your account, you’d need to copy your account ID and paste it into Discord Lookup. But to do that, you’d need to turn on Developer Mode and disable Streamer Mode.
- First, you’ll need to enable Developer Mode and disable Streamer mode.
- Login to your account and head over to User Settings. Go to “Advanced,” then toggle on Developer Mode
- To disable Streamer Mode, go back to User Settings >> Streamer Mode and switch off Streamer Mode.
- To copy your account ID, right-click your account username on the right-sidebar to copy your account ID.
- Click on Copy ID, and your account ID will be copied.
- Paste this ID into the Discord Lookup tab and click Lookup
- Complete the captcha verification, and the website will show you in detail your account information.
You can uninstall Discord the same way you uninstall programs on your computer.
- Hit the Window key on your computer.
- Type Control Panel
- Go to Programs >> Programs and Features >> Uninstall a Program
- Right-click on Discord and click Uninstall
- Click “Yes” when asked, “Are you sure you want to delete Discord?”
- Click the Discord program icon opened at the taskbar and finish the installation
- Login to Discord and tap on the vertical three-point menu
- Click Settings and tap the three-dot menu at the top right corner of the page.
- Select Delete Server and then Delete
- To delete pictures, login to Discord and tap on the three-point menu at the top left corner of the page
- Scroll down to Photos and Videos and click on the photo you wish to delete
- Then hit the trash icon at the right corner of the bottom of the page to delete the photo
- Best Discord Music Bots
- Groovy Discord Bot – What it is and How to Use it
- Rythm Discord Bot – What It Is and How to Use It
- How to Play Music through Mic in Games, On Discord
- Discord Stream No Sound? Working Fixes
- How to Fix Discord Screen Share No Audio
Passionate about technology and communication, I’m more comfortable writing about the key trends in business-to-business software-as-a-service (B2B SaaS). I’m a generalist with interests in journalism, DIY and outdoor. You can always reach me on Twitter and LinkedIn. Learn more about tekpip and the team here on our about us page.