After several months or years of being inactive with your Roblox account, you wish to end your exile and find you can’t log in anymore. So now you’re asking, “does Roblox delete inactive accounts?”
Or are you frustrated with Roblox? Are you worried about the safety of your children online?
Well, in this article, I’ll tell you whether Roblox deletes inactive accounts or not. And also, I’ll show you how easy it is to delete your account, even though Roblox doesn’t provide a way to do this from your account.
Does Roblox Delete Inactive Accounts?
Roblox will delete inactive accounts from the database after a specific period. After this, Roblox will delete all your information from the server.
Consequently, you won’t be able to log in or restore your account. So, to prevent the automatic deletion of your account, keep it active. And if you’d like to delete your account, leave it dormant. After all, Roblox doesn’t provide a function to delete your account.
How Long Does It Take for a Roblox Account to Get Deleted?
Your account will automatically be deleted after 365 days of inactivity. When Roblox deletes your account, your account and all stored data are permanently deleted from the Roblox platform.
And after 30 days, they would be deleted from the Roblox servers and no longer be retrievable. This includes all items you have purchased, as well as all messages you have posted on the site.
How to Get Your Roblox Account Deleted
Deleting your Roblox account is not as easy as, for example, deleting a Discord account. But there are a few ways to do this. First, the simplest method:
Solution 1: Contact Roblox Customer Support
- Step 1: Visit the Roblox home page and log in to your account.
- Step 2: Scroll down to the bottom of the page and select the Help option.
- Step 3: Click on the Roblox Account option.
- Step 4: Next, under Promoted Articles section, you need to click on Contact Us.
- Step 5: Then click on the Support Form option.
Tip: Note that you can go directly to the Support form page using this link, but you must have logged in before doing that.
- Step 6: Fill out the form with the correct information.
- Choose your device.
- Under “Type of help category,” select Data Privacy Requests in the first drop-down menu.
- Select the Right to be Forgotten (RTBF) option in the second drop-down menu.
- In “Description of issue,” describe the purpose of the writing (to delete your account, explaining reasons).
- Finally, click on the Submit button.
- Step 7: Keep checking your email for a message from Roblox support and follow the instructions. Regardless of the device used to contact Roblox staff, you will receive a reply email (within 48 hours) to your email address with all the information necessary to verify your identity.
- Step 8: When you receive an email, confirm that you accept the requirements to proceed with the deletion (i.e., be at least 13 years of age and residing in a country where it is possible to request the cancellation of personal information). Then provide all the requested information (Roblox username and verified email address).
Read also: How Much Robux Is 20 Dollars?
How to request account deletion from the Roblox app
The above process is possible from your computer. The procedure is a bit different to do so from a smartphone or tablet.
- Open the Roblox app and log into your account.
- Tap on the three dots icon located at the bottom right.
- Select the Settings and Account Info options and make sure you have verified your email address.
- Once this is done, press the three dots icon again.
- Tap the Help item, choose the Contact us option, and, on the new page, tap the Support form item.
- In the Contact Us section, enter all the required data in the appropriate fields. Enter your written request for the deletion of data and your account in the Description of the problem field.
- Finally, press the Submit button to send your request.
- Alternatively, you can send an email directly to firstname.lastname@example.org with your request. As explained earlier, a Roblox support representative will request the necessary information. Then the Roblox system will delete your account.
- You can also call customer service at 888-858-2569 and request that your account be deleted.
Solution 2: Keep your account inactive for an entire year
According to Roblox, accounts that remain inactive for a year will be deleted to reduce server load and free up spaces. If you don’t log in to your account for more than 365 days, your account will automatically be deleted from their database.
So if you’re in no rush and want your account automatically deleted, leave it inactive for a year. Easy peasy!
Canceling Roblox subscription and notifications
Suppose you’ve, for example, chosen to leave your account inactive so it can be deleted first. In that case, you have to stop your Roblox subscription and notifications. If your subscription and notifications are still on, Roblox will assume you’re still active even if you don’t log in again.
How to cancel Roblox premium subscription
Here’s how to deactivate your Roblox premium subscription from a computer.
- Go to the Roblox home page and click on the Login button to get into your account.
- Click the gear wheel icon at the top right.
- Select the Settings option.
- On the new page, click Billing on the left sidebar.
- Click on the Cancel Renewal tab.
- Then follow the instructions on the screen to disable the automatic renewal of Roblox Premium. You can also view the Roblox credit at your disposal on this page. However, you must know that it is impossible to transfer or recover the available Robuxes. Consequently, they will remain unused but will still be available if you return to using Roblox.
How to disable Roblox notifications
- To disable Roblox notifications, click the gear icon at the top right corner of the page and then select Settings.
- At the My Settings section of your account, select the Notifications item in the left sidebar.
- In the new screen, remove the check mark from all the options available in the Notification Stream section. Below is what you should have:
- Then, move the lever for the Desktop Push on from ON to OFF to disable push notifications on your browser.
How to cancel Roblox premium subscription from the app
Would you like to cancel your premium subscription from your smartphone or tablet?
For Android users
- Go to the Play Store.
- Then tap on your profile picture.
- Next, select the Payment and Subscriptions option.
- On the next page, tap Subscriptions. Next, tap the Roblox subscription item and then the Cancel subscription option after indicating the reason for the deactivation. Finally, tap the Continue and Cancel subscription buttons.
For iPhone and iPad users
- Go to your device’s Settings menu (the gear icon located on the Home Screen)
- Select your name, then tap on the Subscriptions item.
- Tap on the Roblox subscription option.
- Then tap the Cancel subscription and Confirm buttons to disable the automatic renewal of the subscription in question.
- Now, open the Roblox app again, tap on the three dots icon, and on the new screen displayed. Finally, tap the Log out button twice to log out of your account.
- Finally, you can uninstall the app from your device.
Accidentally Deleted Roblox account? Things to Do
I’ve seen situations where non-account users (i.e., a parent) requested an account deletion for the user without their consent. Roblox can also delete an account if the user violates the platform’s rules.
Then, in this case, the account user can send an email to the support explaining the issue and appeal the account termination. However, this has to be done within 30 days.
Account compromise is common on Roblox. I’ve seen a few Roblox account owners mentioning that they got their accounts back. If someone compromised your account security, you could tell the support team your account was hacked.
But I’ll be honest; it’s not usually possible to recover a deleted account on Roblox. By the way, Roblox will never delete your account without any unnecessary action. So you should only appeal your account deletion if you did nothing wrong. Otherwise, you could be wasting your time.
Read also: Can Bedrock and Java Play Together?
Tips to Ensure Your Roblox Account Doesn’t Get Deleted
Rules guide the Roblox platform. Anything out of the ordinary and your account is gone forever! Here are things to do and not do to ensure that your account doesn’t get deleted:
1. No profanities
Roblox doesn’t allow the use of swear words in your account profile or communications on the platform. If you do, Roblox may delete your account without warning.
2. Stay active
As soon as your Roblox account is inactive for a certain period (up to 1 year), your account will be automatically deleted. So stay active!
3. Safeguard your account
Always keep your account safe from spammers and hackers on the site. Otherwise, your account could be gone if inappropriate things are done with it. To keep your account safe from hackers, here are things Roblox suggests you do and not do:
- Never share your passwords or log in from a computer that isn’t yours without properly logging out.
- Enable two-step verification
- Always log out after using your account, even on your devices
- Don’t click on any link you don’t know
- Never add another person’s email to your account.
- Never screenshot and share your account information.
Read also: Can You Play Fortnite on Xbox 360?