Discord is an instant messaging platform for creating communities where you can share a variety of information. With it, you can communicate via voice and video calls, text messaging, media, and files. With Discord, you can share your screen directly with others. It could be streaming a game to friends, a movie, or a particular dance performance.
A common issue faced by Discord users is the discord screen share audio stutter problem. Audio just randomly cuts out when screen sharing and this can be frustrating. This could be as a result of several issues, from outdated drivers to the Echo Cancellation feature within Discord, internet connection, or microphone issues.
You might have to update drivers, check that your internet connection is stable, be sure your microphone is working fine, or turn off Echo Cancellation. If after all of these, the issue remains, there are other fixes to try out. To fix the discord screen share audio stutter issue, we will be sharing 6 proven options.
Discord Screen Share Audio Stutter – Issue 6 Proven Fixes
- Reset Voice Settings
- Manually Select Input Device
- Share your screen from Opera
- Change Server Region
- Disable Exclusive Mode
- Update Audio Driver in Windows
1.Reset Voice Settings
It could be that the audio from your system is getting filtered by Discord’s voice activity input mode. To fix this;
- On Discord, go to User Settings
- Then, find Voice & Video under App settings and click on it
- Scroll down to Input Sensitivity and enable the toggle for Automatically determine input sensitivity, then turn it off by disabling the toggle
- To be sure that Discord is picking up sound, speak into your microphone, and make sure the manual bar is pulsating to show that Discord is picking your voice.
Or you could:
- Click the User Settings
- On the drop-down tab beneath App Settings, click Voice & Video
- On the displayed page, scroll down and click Reset Voice Settings to clear all local mutes and local volumes.
- Then click Okay
Read also: Discord Stream No Sound? Working Fixes
2.Manually Select Input Device
- In Discord, click on User Settings
- Under app settings, click on Voice & Video
- Under voice settings, click on input device to see a dropdown menu from which you can select your headset or microphone.
- Once it’s selected, go to Input Volume and set it to the maximum.
3.Share your screen from Opera
There have been complaints from many users that the discord screen share audio stutter occurs while screen sharing from browsers like Chrome, Firefox, Edge, or Safari. Well, sharing from Opera works just fine. So if you do experience choppy audio while watching a video together with those in your community, try to share it using Opera.
4.Change Server Region
- After opening Discord, select Server
- In the server’s dropdown menu, click Server Settings >> Overview
- In the tab opened, go to Server Region and click Change
- The displayed page will show different regions you can switch to. You can choose another server region and Save Changes
- If after doing this, the problem is not fixed, try other regions till you find where you do not experience the discord screen share audio stutter issue.
You might want to share that region with those in your community so you all can benefit from it simultaneously. If this does not work, try the next option.
5.Disable Exclusive Mode
You will have to disable exclusive mode in Windows to see if this will fix the discord screen share lag for you.
- In the bottom right corner of your PC, right-click the volume icon, then click Sounds
- In the displayed tab, select Recording. Next, select your microphone and scroll down to click on Properties
- In the displayed page, click Advanced and uncheck the boxes under Exclusive mode, that is the boxes allow application to take exclusive control of this device and give exclusive mode applications priority
- Click Apply, then Ok
Read also: Best Intel Core i7 16GB RAM Desktop PCs
6.Update Audio Driver in Windows – Discord Screen Share Lag Fix
- Go to Desktop and in the search bar, type Device Manager and click on it
- Scroll down and click on Sound, video, and game controllers to expand it
- In the expanded tab, double-click on High definition audio device
- In the tab displayed, click on update drivers >> search automatically for updated audio driver software
- Wait for the process to complete, then close window, or you can manually search for drivers and install them.
Other options like uninstalling and reinstalling Discord or simply updating it might fix the problem. Please let us know which of these worked for you or which has worked for you but isn’t listed here.
Read also: Best Mini PCs for TVs and Home Theatres
John follows everything happening in the tech industry, from the latest gadget launches to some of the big-name moves in the industry. He covers opinionated pieces and writes on some of the biggest names in the industry. John is also a freelance writer, so he shares articles on freelancing every now and then. email: email@example.com