There’s no denying how irritating a dirty computer screen can be. In one way or the other, we have all felt uneasy about the scattered fingerprints and dust on our computer screens.
To prevent this disgust, you will need to clean your computer screen regularly. Many people usually use Windex on computer screens to achieve this.
However, the question is; “is it safe to use Windex on your computer screen?” You will get to know everything about it in this article.
It is only safe to use Windex on computer screen if it is made of glass.
If your computer screen is glass, spray a little Windex onto a microfiber cloth and wipe your screen with it. Never spray the Windex directly on your computer screen.
Also, don’t use Windex on your computer screen if it is an LCD type. Instead, you should make use of water and a microfiber cloth.
No, do not use Windex to clean your TV screen unless it is an old TV with glass display.
Windex cleaners contain harsh chemicals that can cause damage to the LCD and OLED panels that most modern TVs usually feature.
How to Clean Laptop Screen and Keyboard – Tips and Ideas
Here are some tips you should consider when cleaning your laptop’s screen and keyboard:
- Read the manufacturer’s guidelines on cleaning and maintenance before you begin to clean your laptop screen and keyboard.
- Try to know the make and model of your laptop’s screen. Find out if it is an LCD, LED, or another display type.
- Unplug your laptop before you begin to clean it.
- Don’t use paper towels to clean your laptop because it is too coarse and it can scratch your laptop. Get microfiber cloth instead.
- Don’t directly apply your cleaning solution to your laptop. Instead, spray it lightly on your microfiber cloth.
- Avoid excess moisture, especially when you are cleaning the ports and plug areas.
- Don’t use window cleaners to clean your laptop. Instead, use a homemade mixture of distilled water and vinegar.
- When you want to clean your screen, start from the center and gently wipe continuously in a circular motion.
- Don’t use the moist part of your microfiber cloth to clean the corners of your screen.
- If you must use alcohol to clean your screen, make use of isopropyl alcohol at 70 percent or lower.
- You can use a squeeze blower to blow out dust from your keyboard. Make sure you place the blower facing one direction and leave it in that direction only.
Follow this step-by-step approach to clean your computer screen.
- STEP 1: Get your cleaning materials. They include a microfiber cloth and a mixture of distilled water and vinegar. You can also use just water.
- STEP 2: Unplug and turn OFF your computer
- STEP 3: Wipe off the dust on the screen with a piece of microfiber clothe
- STEP 4: Mix your cleaning solution. If you are using vinegar, mix it with a 1:1 ratio of distilled water.
- STEP 5: Pick another piece of microfiber cloth and dampen it with your solution.
- STEP 6: Gently wipe your screen with the dampened cloth
- STEP 7: Use another piece of microfiber cloth to wipe the moisture off your screen
- STEP 8: Allow the screen to air dry
To clean your MacBook Air screen:
- STEP 1: Unplug your MacBook and shut it down
- STEP 2: Wipe the dust on the screen using a microfiber cloth
- STEP 3: If there are still smudges on the screen, dampen another microfiber cloth with water and use it to gently wipe the screen starting from the center.
- STEP 4: If the streaks don’t go off, you can apply 70-percent isopropyl alcohol (IPA) solution to the microfiber cloth to wipe away the stains.
- STEP 5: Let the residual moisture dry completely
If you want to clean your TV without leaving smudges and streaks, you will need to use some household cleaning materials. For example, get some clean microfibre cloth, distilled water, and vinegar.
Make a solution with a mixture of distilled water and vinegar. Apply the solution lightly to the microfiber cloth.
Use the dampened microfiber cloth to gently rub off the stains off your TV screen, and it will be free of streaks.
To clean fingerprints off your TV and computer:
- STEP 1: First unplug your laptop or TV and then turn it OFF
- STEP 2: Use a dry microfiber cloth to wipe the screen
- STEP 3: Dampen the microfiber cloth with little water and then rub gently on the screen till the fingerprints wipe off.
- STEP 4: Use a dry microfiber cloth to wipe the excess moisture off the screen
- STEP 5: Leave it to dry
Based on the information we have included in this article, you should now be able to clean your laptop and TV screens safely. Take note that you shouldn’t use Windex on computer screen if your computer screen is not made of glass.
- How Many Watts Does A Laptop and Desktop Computer Use?
- Computer Screen Goes Black But Computer Still Running? Best Fixes
- Is Windows 10 Game Mode Missing On Your Computer Even When Your PC Supports It?
I am Ola, a tech writer with a passion for breaking down complex technical concepts into easy-to-understand language. With over five years of experience in the tech industry, I have a wealth of knowledge on a variety of topics, from software development to cybersecurity. My writing style is clear, concise and engaging, making it easy for readers to grasp even the most complex technical concepts.