The whole idea of technology, including Bluetooth technology, is to make life easier. So while wirelessly connecting a Bluetooth headphone to a phone was a breakthrough, simultaneously connecting two or more headphones is even more impressive.
This article will show you how to connect two Bluetooth headphones to one phone simultaneously.
Yes, you can connect two Bluetooth headphones to one phone, All thanks to multipoint technology.
Traditionally, we only use one set of headphones, but picture listening to the same music with your lover, connecting both Bluetooth headphones to one phone. Of course, connecting two Bluetooth headphones to one phone largely depends on the model of headphones you are using and the native Bluetooth version your phone supports.
For instance, Bluetooth v4.2 only allows for one-to-one phone connections up to 30 meters away. In contrast, Bluetooth v5 allows you to pair up to two devices simultaneously, extending the connection range to 120 meters.
If you have an older headphone, some brands and models have audio applications that allow users to connect two Bluetooth headphones to one phone simultaneously. This guide will help you see what is possible with your current headphones.
This section of the article will show you how you can connect two Bluetooth headphones to an iPhone. To accomplish this, we will first review Bluetooth transmitters that are accessible for users with iPhones older than the iPhone 8.
After that, we’ll go through the audio sharing feature, also available for iPhone 8 and higher series.
Bluetooth Transmitters – For iPhones Below The iPhone 8 Series
You’ll need a Bluetooth transmitter to connect two Bluetooth headphones to an iPhone, but it has its limits. For example, the connection gets pretty unstable if you’re planning on using the transmitter for sports, and for the minimalist among you, it sometimes gets tiring to have to carry extra cords and transmitters around.
Still, if this is something you want to add to your audio setup, there are some excellent and reasonably priced options to consider.
Audio Sharing Feature – For iPhone 8 and Higher Series
The iPhone Audio sharing feature makes it easy to connect two compatible audio devices and listen to the same thing simultaneously. For example, if you use the AirPods or a Beats set of headphones, you should be able to use this feature.
To use this feature:
- Step 1: Turn ON your Bluetooth headphones.
- Step 2: Connect your first Bluetooth headphones manually.
- Step 3: Tap the Airplay icon.
- Step 4: Tap Share audio.Step 5: When the other set of headphones or AirPods appear on the screen, click the share audio icon.
Only one Bluetooth headphone can be connected at the same time on most android devices, which can be pretty disappointing. But here are a few tips we suggest you try:
Alternative 1: Audio Transmitter Adapter
An Audio transmitter adapter is a great way to connect two Bluetooth headphones to one phone.
- Step 1: Check if your Android phone has a USB Type-C port and can output audio to two Bluetooth headphones. To verify, connect a wired headphone to the Type-C port directly or through an adapter.
- Step 2: If your Type-C port does indeed output audio, you can proceed to purchase a USB-Type C Bluetooth audio adapter and get to work. Also, confirm that it supports using two devices when purchasing an adapter.
- Step 3: Insert the Type-C Bluetooth Audio Transmitter adapter into the USB-C port. Set the Adapter to Bluetooth pairing mode (check your AAdapter’s manual for pairing instructions). Permit a few seconds for Bluetooth to connect before running a test to see if you can hear your music.
- Step 4: If you cannot hear your audio, navigate to the settings menu and select the Adapter as the default audio output device.
- i. Set the Adapter to pairing mode once more.
- ii. Set the second set of headphones to pairing mode as well.
- iii. Once connected, your music should be audible through the two headphones.
Only the microphone in the first pair of headphones will work when using two headphones. The second pair of headphones will let you listen to the music but not communicate.
Alternative 2: Dual Audio
Samsung Galaxy S8 and later can connect to two BlueTooth headphones easily by following these steps:
- Step 1: Turn ON Bluetooth on your phone.
- Step 2: Turn ON the first headphone.
- Step 3: Pair the first headphone with your phone Bluetooth.
- Step 4: Your phone will ask you to turn on Dual Audio after the connection is made.
- Step 5: Tap Yes to turn on Dual Audio.
- Step 6: Turn ON the second headphone to connect to the Dual Audio; you will be able to share the audio with the other headphone.
Here are some of the best apps we recommend if you want to connect two BlueTooth headphones to one phone, either an android device or an iPhone.
Here is a step-by-step guide for setting AmpMe:
- Step 1: Tap the Plus(+) symbol after launching the app.
- Step 2: Select Spotify, iTunes, YouTube, or any preferred music provider, then click Connect.
- Step 3: Go to your music library.
- Step 4: Assemble a playlist
- Step 5: Take invitations and be ready to use.
Bose Connect Apps
Listed below is a step-by-step guide for setting up Bose Connect:
- Step 1: Download the app to your iPhone from the Apple Store and the Google Play store.
- Step 2: Turn ON the Bose headphones.
- Step 3: Start the app.
- Step 4: The app should automatically detect Bluetooth headphones. When it does, Drag to Connect ought to appear on your screen.
- Step 5: Connect your Bluetooth headphones to your devices.
When you download the Ultimate Ears app, you can select between the Boom and Megaboom for audio playback on paired devices.
Here’s a step-by-step guide for using the Ultimate Ears apps:
- Step 1: Two Ultimate Ears Megaboom headphones should be purchased.
- Step 2: On your iPhone, launch the Ultimate Ears app.
- Step 3: Go to your device’s Bluetooth Settings and select Ultimate Ears Megaboom from the list.
- Step 4: To double up, simultaneously press the Bluetooth and + buttons on the headphones.
- Step 5: Then, twice press the Bluetooth button to pair the two headphones.
SoundSeeder is an Android app that uses a wireless connection to transform your phone into a multi-audio system. Here’s a step-by-step guide to setting up SoundSeeder:
- Step 1: Connect your headphone via WiFi and launch the app.
- Step 2: Choose one headphone to be the Player or Control Center and the rest to be the receiver.
- Step 3: Select your favorite music and play it on your player. The music will start to play simultaneously on both headphones.
You can connect up to seven different Bluetooth devices to your iPhone simultaneously, but in practice, you should only connect three or four.
A typical example is if you have an iPhone, an Apple Watch, and the Apple AirPods.you may run into issues if you have more than one of these devices connected at the same time.
For Bluetooth headphones, using Apple’s Audio Sharing feature, only two pairs of Bluetooth headphones can now be paired together. The two users can also keep their volume controls, so if your friend likes it, your ears won’t be blown out.
Bluetooth, like any other modern technology, isn’t perfect. You may be experiencing connection problems for whatever reason. Let’s look at some iPhone Bluetooth pairing tips and solutions for when your connection fails.
- Step 1: Check for Updates on iOS Software
- Step 2: Toggle OFF Your iPhone Bluetooth and Restart your iPhone
- Step 3: Disconnect From a Bluetooth Device
- Step 4: Forget a Device and Pair Again
- Step 5: Try to Pair the Bluetooth Device to Another iPhone
Even though most smartphones can’t connect to two Bluetooth headphones, this article has some interesting tips that will help you seamlessly share what you’re listening to with another person.
- Best Tube Headphone Amplifiers
- Do Smart TVs Have Bluetooth for Headphones and Speakers?
- Remedy For Ear Pain Due to Earphones, Headsets, and Earbuds
- How to Reset Skullcandy Wireless Headphones and Earbuds
John follows everything happening in the tech industry, from the latest gadget launches to some of the big-name moves in the industry. He covers opinionated pieces and writes on some of the biggest names in the industry. John is also a freelance writer, so he shares articles on freelancing every now and then. email: firstname.lastname@example.org Learn more about tekpip and the team here on our about us page.