Apple AirPlay allows you to connect other smart devices to your TV. You’ll be able to show content from these devices seamlessly on your LG, Vizio, and Samsung TV screens. If the Apple AirPlay isn’t working on your LG, Vizio, Samsung TVs, we’ve come up with simple fixes you can use.
AirPlay Not Working on Samsung TV? Fixes
If you’re experiencing the AirPlay not working on your Samsung TV and all you’re getting is a black screen, there are a few things you can do to fix this error
Fix 1: Check That Your TV Is Up-To-Date
The first thing to do is check that your TV has the latest update as this can cause problems for applications. To update your Samsung TV,
- Click Home
- Then go to Settings
- Next, click on Support
- From there, select Software Update and press Update Now. This will then cause your TV to update if there is new software available.
Fix 2: Restart the Samsung TV’s Network Connection
A momentary failure of your TV Network may have hindered AirPlay from working. So, try to restart the network;
- Go to Settings on your TV, then click on Network
- From there, open Network Status and select the Retry option.
- Afterward, reconnect your device’s Wi-Fi. Next, check to see if the AirPlay is working properly on the TV.
Fix 3: Restore AirPlay Functionality in the TV’s Settings
Malfunctioning of your TV might have resulted in your AirPlay not working. So try restoring the functionality by enabling it again; it might get it running.
- Go to Settings, then General
- Open the settings for Apple AirPlay
- Next, click on AirPlay and turn it off
- Turn it ON again and verify that it works properly on your Samsung TV.
Fix 4: Try Reconfiguring AirPlay’s Code Requirement
Every AirPlay has a code requirement to function properly. Now, if something goes wrong with that code, it can lead to the AirPlay not working. So reconfiguring it properly way may resolve this issue.
- Navigate to your TV Settings, then General
- Click Apple AirPlay Settings and change the Require Code setting to Every Time
- Afterward, verify that AirPlay works appropriately.
- If this doesn’t solve the issue, try to see if changing the Code to Use Password will resolve the problem.
AirPlay Not Working on LG TV? Best Fixes
Fix 1: Connect Your LG TV and Your Mirroring Device to the Same Wireless Network
To begin, AirPlay is only available via Wi-Fi. So, ensure that both your TV and phone are linked to the same wireless network.
Fix 2: Activate AirPlay
No indicator shows when AirPlay is turned ON. So even if you put it ON, it can go OFF when there is an automatic software update.
- Press Home on your TV remote
- From home, a sub-menu will pop up
- There you’ll notice an indicator for turning AirPlay ON and OFF (ensure it’s turned ON)
Fix 3: Reconfigure Your Network Settings
Another possible fix for AirPlay not working on your TV is to use your device’s “Reset Network Settings” functionality. This will remove all saved networks and restore default settings, including your mobile network.
Read also: Insignia TV won’t Turn ON? Best Fixes
Fix 4: Restart Your Devices
There are times the App that processes network requests malfunctions. So try restarting your phone manually. This way, all the system apps will be restarted, which should resolve your network connectivity problem. Sometimes simply putting OFF your TV is the solution you need. So, remove it from the power outlet, wait a few minutes, then turn it back ON.
Fix 5: Reset Your TV To Default Settings
There are different LG models, which makes resetting your tv a bit challenging. So you might have to go through the manual. You can also try this simpler approach:
- Go to Settings, then General
- From there, you will be able to see the reset options
Roku AirPlay Not Working?
To fix Roku AirPlay not working, try the following:
- Restart your Roku. While simple, a restart can solve a lot of temporary issues. Wait a few seconds when before turning it back ON.
- Check that the version of your Roku tv is compatible with your Apple device. Go to your about section in the setting to check the version. Make sure that the running version is 9.4 or higher.
- Check the network configuration of the devices in the Settings menu. For example, go to Settings in your Roku device, select the network option, and then choose About.
- The AirPlay might have been turned OFF in your Roku device. Go to Settings, select Apple AirPlay and HomeKit and check if the AirPlay has been turned ON.
Vizio AirPlay Not Working?
To fix your Vizio AirPlay not working, you can try the following:
- Ensure the setting is correct. This is to ensure you did not overlook anything while setting things up. Turn ON the AirPlay on your Vizio TV and check that the screen mirroring option is enabled. Also, check the settings on the other devices. Go to App, then system preferences to access the display options. Select the Vizio TV, and that will allow you to mirror the screen on your Vizio TV without having any problems or issues with the connectivity.
- Reboot both devices. A bug may be the reason why your Vizio AirPlay is not working. So, power cycle your TV and device you want to mirror. Afterward, try mirroring the screen again. Also, do the same for your router to ensure it is functioning properly.
- Use the same Wi-Fi. Both devices have to be on the same Wi-Fi network. So, if you keep having an issue with your Vizio AirPlay not working, you have to use the same Wi-Fi connection for your TV and Apple device.
- Use the same version. You have to ensure that the applications on both devices that you are using are the same version to make it work. Not only that, but the outdated version can also be the reason why you’re experiencing this issue. You can uninstall the App from both devices and update them to the latest version.
- LG TV Keeps Disconnecting From Wi-Fi? Best Fixes
- Disney Plus not working on Samsung Smart TV, Fire Stick & Roku? Best fixes
- LG TV WiFi Not Working? Best Fixes
- Is Disney Plus Available On Comcast?
- Roku Remote Volume Not Working? Best Fixes
Adedoyin is a seasoned writer with practical experience supporting creating and writing quality content for clients. Driving traffic to different websites is the end game of quality content, I’m an expert in that. SEO, Plagiarism-free content, Blog Posts, Articles are part of my capability.