Adobe Photoshop is one of the best, if not the best photo editing application on the market. Adobe has made a name for itself in the video and photo space as its video, photo editing, and stock photo and video tools are some of the best on the market while being some of the most widely-used tools in the creative space.
Adobe Photoshop is available for Windows and macOS users, and ever since its first version back in 1988, it has grown to become the industry standard for both raster graphics editing and the digital art world. In this article, we’d be taking a look at some of the main specs of this tool, and some minimum system requirements for anyone looking to run this software. So, let’s talk about Adobe Photoshop recommended specs.
Read also: Adobe Premiere Rush Android Requirements
Adobe Photoshop Recommended Specs
- Operating system: Adobe Photoshop will work on pretty much any machine that runs on Windows 7, Windows 8, and Windows 10. We would recommend that you get a machine that is running Windows 10 as these machines get regular updates and upgrades.
- Processor: The recommended CPU for running Adobe Photoshop is a 64-bit AMD or Intel CPU with a minimum of 2 GHz in frequency (Core i3, Core i5, and Core i7). Since these CPUs have given us what we needed on most of our editing jobs, we will recommend them or anything higher.
- Memory: 8GB is our recommendation when it comes to RAM for running Adobe Photoshop seamlessly. While we were able to get good operation on a 4GB RAM and even a 2GB RAM machine, we saw the best performance running this software on an 8GB RAM machine, so we will always recommend that professionally, while for occasional or lightweight use, 4GB RAM and 2GB RAM should work just fine.
Read also: Best Free Screen Recorders for Windows 10
- Hard Disk: A minimum of 10GB of free storage space is recommended for the smooth operation of this software. We have users who have managed to run with around 5GB in storage space and the software worked fine. So we’ll peg 5GB as the minimum, while 10GB as the recommended space.
- GPU: for seamless operation of Adobe Photoshop, we recommended NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1660, its equivalent, or anything higher, while we’d recommend a minimum of NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 or its equivalent.
- Screen Resolution: 720p is the recommended screen resolution for running Adobe Photoshop. If you have a computer with 1280 x 800 in screen resolution, you should be able to get away with running the software just fine.
I should also point out that these Adobe Photoshop recommended specs work the same way with machines running other operating systems. That means most new MacBooks will be able to run Adobe Photoshop without issues.
John follows everything happening in the tech industry, from the latest gadget launches to some of the big-name moves in the industry. He covers opinionated pieces and writes on some of the biggest names in the industry. John is also a freelance writer, so he shares articles on freelancing every now and then. email: [email protected]