This SiteGround hosting review takes a look at one of the most popular hosting providers in the web hosting sector. The hosting provider was founded in 2004 in Sofia, Bulgaria. Since 2004, SiteGroud has grown to be one of the most trusted web hosting companies currently hosting and managing more than 1,800,000 domains worldwide.
SiteGround is projected as a people-driven web hosting company that invests concentrated efforts in the quality and happiness of its workers and the efficacy of their hosting services to ensure that customers derived maximum satisfaction.
SiteGround also boasts some special innovative hosting technologies and solutions they offer clients and high-value support expertise available 24/7 by phone, chat, or ticket.
By the end of this article, you should be able to discern that yourself as we’ll be extensively discussing on SiteGround’s hosting services and packages and technologies. But allow me to give you a major briefing of what SiteGround hosting like.
As a web hosting company, SiteGround provides essential types of web hosting services including shared hosting, cloud hosting, dedicated hosting, email hosting, and even domain registration.
The hosting provider also offers WordPress hosting services based on specialized managed WordPress. SiteGround also provides web hosting services for WooCommerce websites.
Some of the special hosting services offered on SiteGround are free site building tools (such as WordPress, Joomla, Magneto, Drupal, Prestashop, and Woocommerce) and a Weebly connector, free and seamless website transfer service, and revered collaboration, management, and site ownership transfer tools.
SiteGround provide clients with a specially built interface through which clients can easily manage their websites and use the wide range of hosting tools and solutions offered by SiteGround.
Now let’s get to the very core of matters.
A list of SiteGround hosting plans
In this Siteground hosting review, I’d try to break all of the company’s web hosting parts into smaller sections. I am also listing them in order of size. So if you’re looking for the best web hosting for blogs and other smaller websites, a simple web hosting will do the job.
But as you grow and see more traffic, you would change between the web hosting plans and work with the one that best suites your plans and your goals as a business.
Web hosting Review
SiteGround features three plans for web hosting clients built purposely to help clients at different levels create fast and secure websites.
All three plans come with SiteGround’s web hosting essentials including free Cloudflare CDN, free Let’s Encrypt SSL & HTTP, free SiteBuilder, free email accounts, free daily backups, unmetered traffic, unmetered MySQL, and SSH.
Clients can also run managed WordPress websites on any of the web hosting plans on SiteGround.
The web hosting plans on SiteGround also support popular content management systems such as WordPress, Joomla, Magneto, and more.
The three web hosting plans offered on SiteGround are respectively StartUp, GrowBig, and GoGeek (these names are also used for WordPress hosting and Woocommerce hosting plans available on SiteGround too as you’d see later).
- StartUp: This SiteGround web hosting service plan is designed essentially for individuals or businesses looking to start off the building of their website. The plan supports 1 website, 10 GB webspace, and 10,000 visitors monthly. It starts at $2.98/mo and costs $11.95/mo regularly.
- GrowBig: This SiteGround web hosting service pan is its solution for clients looking to grow their platforms. The plan supports unlimited websites, 20 GB webspace, and 25,000 visitors monthly. It also supports SiteGround’s premium web hosting features including free site transfer service, SuperCacher for great speed, advanced on-demand backup, WordPress staging, and Siteground collaborators support. The GrowBig SiteGround web hosting plan starts at $4.98/mo and costs $19.95/mo.
- GoGeek: This SiteGround web hosting service plan is prepared by Siteground specially for creating professional and highly functional websites. The plan supports unlimited websites, 30 GB web space, 10,000 visitors monthly, as well as all premium web hosting features offered on Site Ground as do the GrowBig web hosting plan. More so, GoGeek supports SiteGround’s Geeky web hosting features including advanced priority support, the highest tier of service resources, on-click Git Repo creation, and white-label site management. It starts at $8.68/mo and costs $34.95/mo regularly.
SiteGround runs a managed WordPress hosting program. And as we know, the highly recommended specialized managed WordPress means that clients can take advantage of their automated WordPress installation and advanced WordPress launch feature to create great WordPress platforms in no time.
Also, the versions of their WordPress will be automatically updated. SiteGround also uses its server firewall to help you patch against common WordPress-related exploits.
All managed WordPress hosting service plans are equipped with SiteGround’s essential WordPress features including free WP Migrator, free SSL and HTTPS, free email, free Cloudflare CDN, free daily backup, WP CLI and SSH, 24/7 WP support, unmetered traffic, and unmetered MySQL DB.
- StartUp: This SiteGround managed WordPress hosting service plan is crafted ideally for building great starter WordPress sites. The plan supports 1 WordPress site, 10 GB webspace, and 10,000 visitors monthly. It starts at $2.98/mo and costs $11.95/mo regularly.
- GrowBig: This SiteGround managed WordPress hosting service plan is designed to provide clients with what they need to grow their WordPress sites. The plan supports unlimited websites, 20 GB webspace, and 25,000 visitors monthly. It also supports SiteGround’s premium WordPress hosting features including free WP transfer service, WordPress SuperCacher, advanced on-demand backup, 1-click WordPress staging, and SiteGround collaborators support. GrowBig SiteGround WordPress hosting plan starts at $4.98/mo and costs $19.95/mo regularly.
- GoGeek: This SiteGound managed WordPress hosting service plan is crafted for real WordPress geeks. The plan supports unlimited websites, 30 GB web space, 10,000 visitors monthly, as well as all premium WordPress hosting features offered on SiteGround as do the GrowBig WordPress hosting plan. SiteGround also equipped this plan with its Geeky WordPress hosting solutions including advanced priority support, the highest tier of service resources, on-click Git for WordPress, and white-label site management. The GoGeek SiteGround WordPress hosting plan starts at $8.68/mo and costs $34.95/mo regularly.
WooCommerce hosting Review
The StartUp, GrowBig, and GoGeek Woocomerce hosting service SiteGround plans are all designed to help clients easily build highly functional and productive online stores. They all support SiteGround’s essential WordPress features such as free WP install and more.
SiteGround features a click-and-install Getting Started wizard with which clients can use to automatically set up a WordPress instance together with the WooCommerce plugin and the professional Storefront theme with just a few clicks.
Another special feature of SiteGround’s managed WooCommerce hosting service plans is that with the free SiteGround Migrator plugin, clients can easily move their Woo shop to SiteGround with few clicks and less hassle.
- StartUp: This SiteGround managed Woocommerce hosting service plan is designed ideally for starting up Woocommerce websites. The plan supports 1 website, 10 GB webspace, and 10,000 visitors monthly. It starts at $3.95/mo and costs $11.95 regularly.
- GrowBig: This SiteGround managed Woocommerce hosting service plan is ideally crafted by SiteGround for growing Woocommerce websites. The plan supports unlimited websites, 20 GB webspace, and 25,000 visitors monthly. It also supports SiteGround’s premium WordPress hosting features. The GrowBig managed Woocommerce plan by SiteGround starts at $5.95/mo and costs $19.95/mo regularly.
- GoGeek: This SiteGorund managed Woocommerce hosting service plan is recommended by Woo, WordPress.org, and Yoast as a great solution for a successful WooCommerce website. The plan supports unlimited websites, 30 GB webspace, and 10,000 visitors monthly. It also features all the premium WordPress hosting features and Geeky WordPress hosting features offered on SiteGround. The GoGeek managed Woocommerce hosting plan starts at $11.95/mo and costs $11.95/mo regularly.
Cloud hosting Review
One of the special features of SiteGround cloud hosting is that it is largely and easily scalable. The default cloud hosting service plans on SiteGround can easily be upgraded for better resources with CPU and RAM.
This makes it easier for clients to better scale their websites as their traffics appreciate. Cloud users on SiteGround are provided with an innovative customer area interface through which they can easily manage their SiteGround cloud account.
Through this interface, cloud users can create, access, and safely manage unlimited sub-accounts on their cloud plan. SiteGround also provides webmasters with a good number of tools to ensure great results on the cloud.
Through their SiteGround cloud accounts, users can access powerful webmaster tools including SSH & SFTP, dedicated IP, free CDN, free SSL, daily backups, and private DNS all provided by SiteGround. SiteGround’s cloud users are also given advanced priority support.
The default SiteGround cloud hosting service plans namely Entry, Business, Business Plus, and SuperPower are discussed below.
- Entry: This SiteGround cloud hosting service plan is devised to make starting on the cloud easy for clients. The plan supports 2 CPU Cores, 4 GB memory, and 40GB SSD space. It costs $80.00/mo.
- Business: This SiteGround cloud hosting service plan is SiteGround’s solution for an optimal cloud experience. The plan supports 3 CPU Cores, 6GB memory, and 60GB SSD space. It costs $120.00/mo.
- Business Plus: This SiteGround cloud hosting service plan is equipped to give clients an advanced performance on the cloud. The plan supports 4 CPU cores, 8GB memory, and 80GB SSD space. It costs $160.00/mo.
- Super Power: This SiteGround cloud hosting service plan is ideal for cloud hosting clients looking for a premium server power. The plan supports 8 CPU Cores, 10GB memory, and 120GB SSD space. It costs $240.00/mo.
Dedicated Server hosting Review
Can our SiteGround hosting review be complete with a mention of dedicated servers? SiteGround’s dedicated servers are managed from well-equipped data centers located in the United States, Europe, and Asia-Pacific. And clients are free to choose from any of the data center locations.
Here are the best web hosting companies and domain registrants.
SiteGround offers three dedicated server hosting solutions which include Entry Server, PowerServer, SuperPower Server.
These plans are individually equipped with essential server software including WHM & cPanel, Exim Mail Server, private DNS server setup, IP table firewalls, Apache/Nginx & CentOS, 5 free dedicated IPs, free Cloudflare CDN, SSH access, Softaculous Autoinstaller, MySQL 5 & PostgreSQL, and 5 PHP versions.
- Entry Server: This SiteGround dedicated server hosting service plan features an Intel Xeon E3-1230 SSD, 3.20GHz CPU Clock speed, 4 CPU Cores, 8 CPU threads, 8MB CPU Cache, 16GB DDR3 RAM, 480GB SSD, and 10TB bandwidth. It costs $269.00/mo.
- Power Server: This SiteGround dedicated server hosting service plan features an Intel Xeon E3-1270 SSD, 3.50GHz CPU Clock speed, 4 CPU Cores, 8 CPU threads, 8MP CPU Cache, 32GB DDR3 RAM, 960GB SSD, and 10 TB bandwidth. It costs $349.00/mo.
- Super Power Server: This SiteGround dedicated server hosting service plan features a 2 x Intel Xeon E5-2630 SSD, 2.00GHz CPU Clock speed, 2 x 6 CPU Cores, 2 x 12 threads, 15MB CPU Cache, 64GB DDR3 RAM, 2 x 960 GB SSD in RAID1, and 10TB bandwidth. It costs $729.00/mo.
SiteGround Web Hosting Technologies
The next point we’d like to mention in this Siteground hosting review is the technologies that come as part of your web hosting plans. SiteGround accredits the success of the websites it hosts to the variety of innovative and empowering technologies it has to offers. In essence, with SiteGround, clients can expect to get access to the best available hosting technologies as well as the variety of special hosting solutions created by SiteGround.
These technologies are adopted or created in-house by SiteGround respectively to ensure that websites are run and managed much more easily with remarkable speed and top security. Let’s check them out.
My list of the best WordPress Hosting
To provide pace-setting speeds for clients, SiteGround has taken to three strategies. One of them is to carefully choose and regularly update their platform’s hardware to ensure that their clients host their websites on powerful machines with high-speed SSD disks.
Another is constantly making available to their users the latest speed technologies such as newest PHP versions or most innovative technologies like HTTP/2, QUIC, and more.
Also, SiteGround endeavors to consistently create innovative speed boosting solutions; the SuperCacher, free Cloudflare CDN, and SG Optimizer plugin are good examples.
SiteGround has put in place security a good measure of systems and solutions to render a highly reliable hosting service. SiteGround features a unique monitoring system that checks the server status every 0.5 sec.
The real-time server health checker is said to detect ongoing issues and fix many of them automatically and even prevent potential problems. SiteGround has put in place a vigilant security team that writes new firewall rules to shield servers and websites by extension from potential hacking and breaches scenarios.
SiteGround also says that they have an AI system that protects customer sites from malicious traffics by obstructing up to 2 million brute-force attempts per day.
Here’s my Siteground vs Deamhost Comparison
As for usability and easy management, we already know of the all-in-one management interface available to hosting clients on SiteGround. Other in-house SiteGround hosting solutions spans through backup & restore tools, Let’s Encrypt integration, collaboration tools, smart WordPress staging, WordPress starter plugin, and the WordPress Migrator plugin.
No matter how hard you looked, you didn’t find free domain names on any of SIteGround’s web hosting services plans right? Yeah. Yet we ranked SiteGround as one of the best web hosting companies with WordPress and domain names registration for some important reasons.
SiteGround is one of the most trusted web companies owning largely to the transparency of its services. The best available technologies adopted by SiteGround are not just randomly chosen and in-house innovative hosting solutions have proven to be quite helpful in very sensitive ways. Cloud hosting with SiteGround is flexible and highly scalable.
That’s our SiteGround hosting review. Now it’s your turn. Which of these plans is best for a new website or blog?
John follows everything happening in the tech industry, from the latest gadget launches to some of the big-name moves in the industry. He covers opinionated pieces and writes on some of the biggest names in the industry. John is also a freelance writer, so he shares articles on freelancing every now and then. email: [email protected]